Posted to uk.d-i-y
darren_forward

Default Pipe Lagging Microbore Pipes

Ive seen pipe lagging for 15 and 22mm pipes, but not for microbore
pipes. Any idea where i can get some.

Thanks

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article .com,
"darren_forward" writes:
Ive seen pipe lagging for 15 and 22mm pipes, but not for microbore
pipes. Any idea where i can get some.

Closed cell continuous lengths are used for aircon pipework which
is often this sort of size, although I suspect it's probably a
good deal more expensive than heating insulation (which doesn't
have to be closed cell).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article .com,
"darren_forward" writes:
Ive seen pipe lagging for 15 and 22mm pipes, but not for microbore
pipes. Any idea where i can get some.

Closed cell continuous lengths are used for aircon pipework which
is often this sort of size, although I suspect it's probably a
good deal more expensive than heating insulation (which doesn't
have to be closed cell).

--
Andrew Gabriel

If the OP wants cheap you can always use cardboard. Just be sure to
secure it with something that will last, ie wire not sellotape.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Antony

darren_forward wrote:

Ive seen pipe lagging for 15 and 22mm pipes, but not for microbore
pipes. Any idea where i can get some.

BES (www.bes.ltd.uk) sell armaflex foam lagging in imperial sizes for
microbore pipes (intended for air conditioning). It's quite expensive
(about 60p/m). They also do an armaflex 'bandage'.
What I used in my house is the old style felt tube lagging (it has a
polythene liner as well). It costs about 10p/m. It's actually big
enough to take a much larger pipe, but that doesn't matter - you could
lag two 10mm pipes next to each other in one go. The insulation level
isn't quite as high as foam, but it's far better than nothing. I've
also used a bubble wrap and aluminium foil insulation in one section,
but it's quite expensive stuff.

-Antony