Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fitted Kitchen - Plumbing in a Integrated Washing Machine

The new kitchen is on order and I'm looking at buying a washing
machine, the thing I can't work out is where do you fit the waiste
trap? There's only 50mm behind the units and nothing behind the machine
so does the trap have to fit inside the adjacent cupboard? Cheers.
Martin

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan delaMare-Lyon

wrote in message
ps.com...
The new kitchen is on order and I'm looking at buying a washing
machine, the thing I can't work out is where do you fit the waiste
trap? There's only 50mm behind the units and nothing behind the machine
so does the trap have to fit inside the adjacent cupboard? Cheers.

Washer/Dishwasher normally go either side of the sink or really close by -
so you'd tend to have a double spigot in the trap under the sink (or the
small sink if you have a 1.5/2 bowl job). Ours are either side - and the
sink actually came with the kit to connect the washer and the dishwasher
drains diret up. Mind you - they didn't give you any adjustable clips to
secure the hose on - so they were a quick homebase trip and £2.

Cheers
Dan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

No the washing machine is going to be 10ft or so from the sink but only
a few feet from the external soil stack so I want to take the waste out
through the wall and into the soil stack.Cheers. Martin

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message . com
from " contains these words:

No the washing machine is going to be 10ft or so from the sink but only
a few feet from the external soil stack so I want to take the waste out
through the wall and into the soil stack.Cheers. Martin

10' is nothing to worry about if it's easy to line up. My dishwasher
pumps out further than that without trouble. Or at least, no trouble in
the first five years - and counting.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

The new kitchen is on order and I'm looking at buying a washing
machine, the thing I can't work out is where do you fit the waiste
trap? There's only 50mm behind the units and nothing behind the machine
so does the trap have to fit inside the adjacent cupboard? Cheers.

5cm is just enough, if you use the right clips. In my case, there was easily
enough room behind the machine. How deep is yours? Washing machines tend to
be quite shallow. It is dryers that tend to take the full 60cm.

Christian.

kmskuba sedatkzyk UK diy 2 March 29th 06 07:08 PM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 March 27th 06 03:24 PM
Detergents and cleaners FAQ [email protected] UK diy 49 September 25th 05 11:34 PM
connecting dishwasher and washing machine to kitchen sink trap the yorkshire dalesman UK diy 2 April 18th 04 10:26 AM