Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default Kitchen mods, new house, violates planning permission?

Hi...
We're looking at buying a new house, for which they are just at the
"mud and foundations" stage by the looks of it. (It's being built by
Persimmon.)

Now, when we asked the saleswoman if we could rearrange things like the
kitchen cupboards from their normal layout (in the showhome for
example), she said no, because it would violate the planning
permission. "We have to build what we said we would build" she
explained.

This sounds bonkers to me. I'm inclined to think they just can't be
bothered to accomodate buyers who want to tinker with the standard
setup.

Anybody know if her claim has any basis in fact?

thanks,
Spud

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
Use of Planning Permission drawings by a new homeowner dg UK diy 25 October 2nd 04 12:01 AM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
Attached Garage and Planning Permission for Change of Use Jizzy_Lizzy UK diy 13 July 3rd 04 03:09 PM
Kitchen planning guidlines Snowman UK diy 19 July 1st 04 12:29 PM