Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Default MOE window in slate roof

Hi All

My sister wants me to fit a MOE window into the slate roof of her two story
garage. It's not going to be a habitable room, it's just safer having an
MOE window instead of standard.

She's bought one from Wickes along with a 'slate flashing kit'.

Window is straightforward enough to fit, but having looked at the flashing
kit I'm a little confused.

The kit consists of a top and a bottom sheet metal component (very thin &
pliable) which fit the top & bottom of the frame, going under a rubber seal.
There are side pieces as well.

The top component is confusing me. The part that will slide under the
slates has a 'lip' bent into the top edge about 6mm high, facing up. This
will mean (a) that it won't slide under the slates easily and (b) it will
lift them by 6mm or so.

Is this meant to cause a 'drip edge' or something? My instinct based on
previous experience is to hammer it flat, but it's obviously there for a
purpose. I'm sure I have identified the top & bottom components correctly,
they are so different it would be impossible to confuse them.

The staff at Wickes are as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Any ideas?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Anthropist

"The Medway Handyman" wrote:
[...]

? contact the manufacturer's customer service department.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Phil Anthropist wrote:

The staff at Wickes are as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Any ideas?

? contact the manufacturer's customer service department.

I did try but "The staff at Wickes are as much use as a chocolate teapot"
and claimed they didn't have the details............. not in the
instructions either.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from "The Medway Handyman" contains
these words:

I did try but "The staff at Wickes are as much use as a chocolate teapot"
and claimed they didn't have the details............. not in the
instructions either.

Not heard of Moe except in conjunction with Velux. I'd have a good look
at the packaging and see it there's any other maker's names.

--
Skipweasel

Slate roof/ box gutters question Christine Cato Home Repair 6 May 15th 06 09:25 PM
flat roof leak, eek! Ben Gold Home Repair 11 April 3rd 05 03:44 PM
Roof slate, uses besides roof TomCAt Home Repair 8 April 2nd 05 05:59 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
Flat Roof Side Window Gary Holt UK diy 1 October 6th 03 07:49 PM