Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Default Bar Height

Hi

Anyone know the standard height of a pub bar?

waits for tirade of jokes

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

If you're very ****ed, a bit higher than the handrail in front of it.

--
*Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Me here

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi

Anyone know the standard height of a pub bar?

waits for tirade of jokes

Just under elbow height
HTH

By the way Dave, did you get that excel spreadsheet for using as Invoices
etc I sent?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Me here wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message . uk...
Hi

Anyone know the standard height of a pub bar?

waits for tirade of jokes

Just under elbow height
HTH

Is that standing or sitting?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Me here wrote:

By the way Dave, did you get that excel spreadsheet for using as
Invoices etc I sent?

No I didn't. I've now got Cash is King installed and its pretty good.

Cheers

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
. uk:

Hi

Anyone know the standard height of a pub bar?

waits for tirade of jokes

If you are 5'2" like me - then too high !!

Terry
Posted to uk.d-i-y
gort

On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:30:41 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Hi

Anyone know the standard height of a pub bar?

waits for tirade of jokes

Good excuse for a visit to the pub tonight armed with measuring device......

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi

Anyone know the standard height of a pub bar?

I wasn't aware there was one. It certainly wasn't mentioned in any source I
used when learning to run a bar. However, if you are putting in a new one,
it almost certainly should have a dropped section for wheelchair users.

Colin Bignell