Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Tomlinson

Default Gas oven won't light

Hi all,

I have a Hygena Concorde Deluxe Gas oven. For a while, when turning the
oven dial to light the oven, it was only working intermittently. Now it
does not light at all. There is no sound of gas or anything happening
inside the oven.

Furthermore (and definitely unrelated) 1 of the 4 hob rings does not light,
although you can hear & smell the gas and see the spark :-S

Any ideas on either?
--
Thanks,
Me

I recommend www.Superhighstreet.com/home Finds anything or they pay for it!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Malcolm Stewart

"Chris Tomlinson" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi all,

I have a Hygena Concorde Deluxe Gas oven. For a while, when turning the
oven dial to light the oven, it was only working intermittently. Now it
does not light at all. There is no sound of gas or anything happening
inside the oven.

Furthermore (and definitely unrelated) 1 of the 4 hob rings does not

light,
although you can hear & smell the gas and see the spark :-S

Any ideas on either?

Clogged dust filter? Used to be a problem on my New World cooker.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Tomlinson

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
message .. .
"Chris Tomlinson" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi all,

I have a Hygena Concorde Deluxe Gas oven. For a while, when turning the
oven dial to light the oven, it was only working intermittently. Now it
does not light at all. There is no sound of gas or anything happening
inside the oven.

Furthermore (and definitely unrelated) 1 of the 4 hob rings does not

light,
although you can hear & smell the gas and see the spark :-S

Any ideas on either?

Clogged dust filter? Used to be a problem on my New World cooker.

Thanks. Where do I look to unclog that?
--
Thanks,
Me

I recommend www.Superhighstreet.com/home Finds anything or they pay for it!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Malcolm Stewart

"Chris Tomlinson" wrote in message
. uk...

Clogged dust filter? Used to be a problem on my New World cooker.

Thanks. Where do I look to unclog that?
--
Thanks,
Me

Mine is just before (I think, from memory) the pressure regulator, and sited
behind the LH side panel just below the hob.
(The 1967 era cooker was supplied when town gas was in use, and was fitted
with a regulator.) Despite the filter most of the fine capillaries feeding
pilot lights etc. required declogging quite frequently. I now light the hob
using a piezo lighter, and neither oven nor grill now works - thanks to the
flame failure devices also getting clogged. I really ought to turn the
ovens into kitchen storage!

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK