Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davao

Default Removing duct tape residue

Hi all.
I have a wing mirror being held on with duct tape.
I'm going to repair it this weekend but the moulded plastic cover has
a lot of the residue from the duct tape on it.
What stuff will remove this?

Thanks.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Davao wrote:
What stuff will remove this?

White Spirit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sometimes Windowlene is sufficient, but WD40 usually works - though
check it's ok on the plastics.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful

"Davao" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all.
I have a wing mirror being held on with duct tape.
I'm going to repair it this weekend but the moulded plastic cover has
a lot of the residue from the duct tape on it.
What stuff will remove this?

Thanks.

Arthur

We suffer this a lot in the theatre, usually a fresh piece of gaffer tape is
sticky enough to lift off old gaffer tape residue , surprisingly enough this
works really well.

mrcheerful

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mrcheerful
. wrote:
"Davao" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all.
I have a wing mirror being held on with duct tape.
I'm going to repair it this weekend but the moulded plastic cover has
a lot of the residue from the duct tape on it.
What stuff will remove this?

Thanks.

Arthur

We suffer this a lot in the theatre, usually a fresh piece of gaffer tape is
sticky enough to lift off old gaffer tape residue , surprisingly enough this
works really well.

It works for quite a lot of sticky labels as well. Often you can use
the bit of the label that came off cleanly to remove the remaining
residue.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

wrote in message
oups.com...

mrcheerful
. wrote:
"Davao" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all.
I have a wing mirror being held on with duct tape.
I'm going to repair it this weekend but the moulded plastic cover has
a lot of the residue from the duct tape on it.
What stuff will remove this?

Thanks.

Arthur

We suffer this a lot in the theatre, usually a fresh piece of gaffer tape
is
sticky enough to lift off old gaffer tape residue , surprisingly enough
this
works really well.

It works for quite a lot of sticky labels as well. Often you can use
the bit of the label that came off cleanly to remove the remaining
residue.

If there are any little bits left rub them off with talcum powder.

Mary

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

If there are any little bits left rub them off with talcum powder.

UR Cynthia Payne AICM£5

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

On Thu, 18 May 2006 19:41:25 UTC, Guy King
wrote:

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

If there are any little bits left rub them off with talcum powder.

UR Cynthia Payne AICMú5

No....

UR Cynthia Payne AICMLV

Duck tape: is there a brand that doesn't leave sticky residue [or is there an alternative]? [email protected] Home Repair 12 October 21st 05 02:19 AM
Duct Sizing Steve Groulx Home Repair 11 October 12th 05 11:11 PM
How many rolls of duct tape will hold my house up? stretch Home Repair 11 May 26th 05 10:29 AM
Sealing Round Metal Duct Joints On Forced Hot Air Furnace (other than duct tape)? Robert11 Home Repair 7 April 21st 05 10:24 PM
Fisher cassette heads bg Electronics Repair 5 July 30th 03 05:04 AM