Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy

Default Slight OT - Cost of a Garden Outbuilding

Folks,

My brother has a garden with an old stone walled, slate roofed, brick
fronted outbuilding at the bottom. It's not very big, only six foot high at
the eaves, with four knackered doors each concealing a storage area about
three foot wide by eight deep.

One of his neighbours owns and has access rights to the left-most door. He
has to come through my brother's garden to use it. It would be nice if he
sold it to my brother, and I'm told that the impression is if the price is
right he will sell.

Anyone have an idea of what a good price to offer is? My brother's house is
an undistinguished 1890's terraced cottage, not in the best spot ( garden is
between two fairly busy roads, village is not sought after ), worth about
£100,000. Area is southwest.

My brother doesn't want to offer too much, what do the team think would be a
ballpark starting price? I figured the way to go would be the land price,
maybe 25 square feet, plus something for the structure ( or part thereof ),
I guessed at £500-£1,000. Any ideas?

Andy