Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Silicone vs silicone

Hi

If I cut off the old silicone, can I put new sili straight onto it and
it will stick ok? Or must I use those eater products?

Also there are many brands of silicone, do they differ? how? I'm
looking at
S 1.75 sanitary silicone p118 white 65609
S 1.49 gen purp silicone p119 white 38677
both anti-mould, but I've not used enough silicone to be familari with
different brands etc

cheers
NT