Member

Default Pressure Loss In Sealed CH

I seem to have a small leak in my sealed CH system. The pressure is reducing slowly over time and I've investigated all the pipework that is accessible and can't find any leaks. I was thinking of putting in some Leak sealer into the system and was wondering has anybody out there had any experience with this stuff and if it does exactly what it says an the tube??
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Fatboise writes:

I seem to have a small leak in my sealed CH system. The pressure is
reducing slowly over time and I've investigated all the pipework that
is accessible and can't find any leaks. I was thinking of putting in
some Leak sealer into the system and was wondering has anybody out
there had any experience with this stuff and if it does exactly what it
says an the tube??

How often do you have to top up?
Before going the leak sealer route, I would wait until the heating
is off (now?), and then use the filling loop to raise the cold
pressure to whatever the max hot pressure gets to (2 bar perhaps?).
Then go round checking all the joins, bleeding keys, blanking plugs,
valves, etc for moisture. When the system is hot, the moisture can
often evaporate before it's noticable. Buy raising the pressure to
the same level when it's cold, you might find the leak more easily.

--
Andrew Gabriel