Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which plastic pipe?

I am going to add some new radiators to my partially central-heated
house and am seriously considering using plasticbarrier pipe.
I am confused as to which is better PE-X or PB as there is a
considerable price difference between the two.
I don't wish to start a shouting match between posters (as often seems
to happen when opinions are asked for) but I would like some practical
advice.
Cheers,
Ken
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:36:13 +0100, NotMe wrote:

I am going to add some new radiators to my partially central-heated
house and am seriously considering using plasticbarrier pipe.
I am confused as to which is better PE-X or PB as there is a
considerable price difference between the two.
I don't wish to start a shouting match between posters (as often seems
to happen when opinions are asked for) but I would like some practical
advice.
Cheers,
Ken

Hep2O which is PB I think and is easier to use IME.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills

Ed Sirett wrote:

Hep2O which is PB I think and is easier to use IME.

I thought that Hep2o came in 2 versions - only one of which is barrier - so
you need to get the right variety.

JG Speedfit pipe, on the other hand, *only* comes as a barrier pipe.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

In message , Roger Mills
writes
Ed Sirett wrote:

Hep2O which is PB I think and is easier to use IME.

I thought that Hep2o came in 2 versions - only one of which is barrier - so
you need to get the right variety.

True, but IME it's normally the barrier pipe that is sold by default.

however, evidence is it seems that this is much overated, and the real
ingress of oxygen across non-barrier pipe is low.
--
Chris French