Posted to uk.d-i-y
gary watson

Default Wrap-around hinges

Anyone know of a UK (or EU) supplier of hinges like these :-

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

I've leafed through the Isaac Lord and Woodfit catalogues and can't
see anything like them. A web search for such items brings up only US
sites.

Although the company in question will ship to the UK, the postage
charges are quite high (although at first sight it doesn't seem too
high, until you proceed to the checkout and the final cost is
calculated).

Regards,

Gary.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message .com
from " contains these words:

Doesn't have the double cranked wossnames.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

gary watson wrote:
Anyone know of a UK (or EU) supplier of hinges like these :-

http://www.hingesandbrackets.com/

Worth a try.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
gary watson

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:13:15 +0100, Guy King
wrote:

The message .com
from " contains these words:

Doesn't have the double cranked wossnames.

That's precisely my problem - I can find hinges with various crank
arrangements but none suitable for fitting a flush door into a
face-frame type cabinet - except the standard style mortice hinges -
but these require more skill to fit and also the doors are MDF which
do not hold screws very well in their edges.

The hinges shown in the URL look so useful that you would think some
UK/EU supplier would stock them but I am beginning to doubt it.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help.

Gary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

wrote:

The message .com
from " contains these words:

Doesn't have the double cranked wossnames.

That's precisely my problem - I can find hinges with various crank
arrangements but none suitable for fitting a flush door into a
face-frame type cabinet - except the standard style mortice hinges -
but these require more skill to fit and also the doors are MDF which
do not hold screws very well in their edges.

The hinges shown in the URL look so useful that you would think some
UK/EU supplier would stock them but I am beginning to doubt it.

I wonder if these would work

if you reversed the inner plate and bent the outer one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
gary watson

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:13:13 +0100, Rob Morley
wrote:

wrote:

The message .com
from " contains these words:

Doesn't have the double cranked wossnames.

That's precisely my problem - I can find hinges with various crank
arrangements but none suitable for fitting a flush door into a
face-frame type cabinet - except the standard style mortice hinges -
but these require more skill to fit and also the doors are MDF which
do not hold screws very well in their edges.

The hinges shown in the URL look so useful that you would think some
UK/EU supplier would stock them but I am beginning to doubt it.

I wonder if these would work

if you reversed the inner plate and bent the outer one.

I did consider that approach with something like these :-

http://www.woodfit.com/product_info....+-+Bright+Zinc

but the thought of trying to make a good clean bend in the right place
and then the possibility that it might crack/weaken at the bend
discouraged me.

In the end I bought some from the US website I found - paid the USD
8.99 standard postage + USD 29.90 overseas postage supplement (gulp!)
and they arrived in just under two weeks .

So simple but perfect for the job! Don't know why they're not sold in
the UK. There do seem to be Blum type hinges that would have done the
job but you need a good few cm clearance on the inside face of the
door frame and then you need to drill a large round shallow hole to
fit the other bit and I s'pose it probably only works well if you have
bought their special drilling jig to line all the holes up correctly
etc.....

Regards,

Gary.

FS: NOS hinges Bob Schmall Woodworking 2 January 9th 06 02:47 PM
Concealed hinges for 3/8" inset cabinet doors? Nexus7 Woodworking 2 March 28th 05 08:07 PM
Question about recalcitrant door hinges Noons Woodworking 4 February 6th 05 11:31 AM
I put new hinges on a cabinet door and now something is squeaking trader-of-some-jacks Home Repair 1 January 1st 04 11:44 PM
Hinges and ideas for shutters David Micklem UK diy 9 October 17th 03 01:59 PM