Posted to uk.d-i-y
RodC

Default Can I fit a round drainer in a corner?

Hello all,

I'm currently having an extenstion put in and the kitchen has been
delivered today, (from Howdens).

I have a slight problem! My sink was designed to go under a window on a
length of wall that would take the dishwasher and directly on it's
right, a cupboard unit that the sink/drainer unit would sit on.

After looking at the brouchure last week, we decided that we liked the
look of their individual round bowl and round drainer (390mm diameter)
- so we ordered those...

Now the stuff's been delivered, I've realised that physically, there is
space for the round sink - but not for the drainer - ('cos the
dishwasher is taking that space and the drainer is quite deep).

We could put the drainer on the right of the sink - but this would mean
that the drainer would be in the corner.

Would this look odd? I think it would and so I'm considering just going
for a traditional sink unit. As the taps would need to be in the middle
of sink/drainer, I'm also concerned about accessibility.

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks for any replies - I'm trying to get this sorted out so we can
have a kitchen by Sunday!!

RodC
--
www.expodition.com - for iPod users who love to travel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

On 14 Apr 2006 02:49:21 -0700, "RodC"
wrote:

[...]

I'd fit it "loose" and see what it looks like, then I let SHMBO change
my mind.

Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y
lee

wrote:

[...]

I have same sink unit and fit my drainer to RHS of sink. Its not tight in
the corner, just enough room for coffee machine/kettle and stuff in corner.
looks ok to us. but tbh didnt really need it as we have never used it!
nothing to drain when u have a dishwasher.

Lee

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RodC

I have same sink unit and fit my drainer to RHS of sink. Its not tight in
the corner, just enough room for coffee machine/kettle and stuff in
corner.
looks ok to us. but tbh didnt really need it as we have never used it!
nothing to drain when u have a dishwasher.

Rick, SWMBO says she wants the round sink and round drainer. Period.

So... as I don't think I'll have as much space as Lee has, looks like
I'll have to move the dishwasher to the other wall. We've got the
plumbing in there already for the washing machine but I'll have to get
the builders to chase and run some additional wiring for it.

RodC
--
www.expodition.com - for iPod users who love to travel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home

"RodC" wrote in message
oups.com...

What would you guys suggest?

Fit thicker worktops so the drainer will fit over the dishwasher.