Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger

Default Repairing dishwasher door seal frame

The metal frame which holds the door seal on my Ariston dishwasher has come
away. It looks like it was originally spot welded to the dishwasher body,
but obviously not very well. I've tried Araldite metal glue but the heat
from the wash cycle seems to weaken it such that it just comes loose again.
Any suggestions?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:40:49 +0100, "Roger"
wrote:

The metal frame which holds the door seal on my Ariston dishwasher has come
away. It looks like it was originally spot welded to the dishwasher body,
but obviously not very well. I've tried Araldite metal glue but the heat
from the wash cycle seems to weaken it such that it just comes loose again.
Any suggestions?

Counter sunk drill holes and self tapping screws, if the structure
allows. No Nails might work. I've found that standard Araldite is
hardened by heat within the range put out by a washing machine.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article
Roger wrote:
The metal frame which holds the door seal on my Ariston dishwasher has come
away. It looks like it was originally spot welded to the dishwasher body,
but obviously not very well. I've tried Araldite metal glue but the heat
from the wash cycle seems to weaken it such that it just comes loose again.
Any suggestions?

Weld?
Solder?
Pop rivets?
Self tappers?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
andy

wrote:

The metal frame which holds the door seal on my Ariston dishwasher has come
away. It looks like it was originally spot welded to the dishwasher body,
but obviously not very well. I've tried Araldite metal glue but the heat
from the wash cycle seems to weaken it such that it just comes loose again.
Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with mine - tried a few things & finished up
using silicone + just one self tapping screw ....
Done a few cycles already and so far so good :-)