Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alwyn

Default Which spray-can paint for painting nylon fabric?

Hi folks. I ned to stencil some lettering onto nylon fabric. Does
anyon know which kind of spray-can paint I should use? Acrylic?
Cellulose?

I want the resulting paintwork to be flexible and long-lasting - and
harmless to the fabric.

Thank you,

Alwyn
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

Alwyn wrote:

Hi folks. I ned to stencil some lettering onto nylon fabric. Does
anyon know which kind of spray-can paint I should use? Acrylic?
Cellulose?

I want the resulting paintwork to be flexible and long-lasting - and
harmless to the fabric.

There isn't really a good solution.
Flexible and long lasting isn't really a problem.
Washable, and wearable is.

Neither acrylic or cellulose will work at all.

Silicone sealer is pretty good.
You can spray it if you mix it with paint thinner.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alwyn

On 10 Apr 2006 15:43:18 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

anyon know which kind of spray-can paint I should use? Acrylic?
Cellulose?

I want the resulting paintwork to be flexible and long-lasting - and
harmless to the fabric.

There isn't really a good solution.
Flexible and long lasting isn't really a problem.
Washable, and wearable is.

It doesn't need to be washable or wearable - just durable as possible,
as it will get rained on, and folded up and packed away many times.

Neither acrylic or cellulose will work at all.

Silicone sealer is pretty good.
You can spray it if you mix it with paint thinner.

I'm really needing a spraypaint in a can.

Thanks,

Alwyn