Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Suggestions for electronically controlled radiator valves

Hi,

Does anyone know where I might get a cheapish controllable or motorised
valve for a radiator (not a thermostatic valve).

I'm looking to control rads from my PC to turn on or off rooms remotely
and/or have individually controlled temperature zones.

Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Does anyone know where I might get a cheapish controllable or

motorised
valve for a radiator (not a thermostatic valve).

I'm looking to control rads from my PC to turn on or off rooms

remotely
and/or have individually controlled temperature zones.

Cheers

Use a standard zone valve powered by an X-10 (control over the mains)
controller. My morning cup of tea has been programmed reliably from
the computer using the X-10 system switching on a kettle for the past
5 years!

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Autolycus

wrote in message
oups.com...

Does anyone know where I might get a cheapish controllable or
motorised
valve for a radiator (not a thermostatic valve).

I'm looking to control rads from my PC to turn on or off rooms
remotely
and/or have individually controlled temperature zones.

http://www.prefectcontrols.com/

then find PRE9500.

They work - I'm using several with Horstmann Centaurstat 7 programmable
room stats, wired so that the valves are normally open, but powered
closed when the room is up to temperature.

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. )***

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clint Sharp

In message , Autolycus
writes
Does anyone know where I might get a cheapish controllable or
motorised
valve for a radiator (not a thermostatic valve).

I'm looking to control rads from my PC to turn on or off rooms
remotely
and/or have individually controlled temperature zones.

http://www.prefectcontrols.com/

then find PRE9500.

They work - I'm using several with Horstmann Centaurstat 7 programmable
room stats, wired so that the valves are normally open, but powered
closed when the room is up to temperature.

NO experience of but Myson also make this sort of thing. Any ideas of
prices for the Prefect or Myson ones anyone?

--
Clint Sharp

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Autolycus

"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
In message , Autolycus
writes
Does anyone know where I might get a cheapish controllable or
motorised
valve for a radiator (not a thermostatic valve).

I'm looking to control rads from my PC to turn on or off rooms
remotely
and/or have individually controlled temperature zones.

http://www.prefectcontrols.com/

then find PRE9500.

They work - I'm using several with Horstmann Centaurstat 7
programmable room stats, wired so that the valves are normally open,
but powered closed when the room is up to temperature.

NO experience of but Myson also make this sort of thing. Any ideas of
prices for the Prefect or Myson ones anyone?

The Prefect ones were about 23 quid 3 or 4 years ago. They're made by
Sauter (model AXT 111), but at the time it was cheaper to buy them from
Prefect than from a BM.