Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham

Default Drain pipes for garage rainwater

The garage is having a makeover, including getting guttering. What
pipe do I use for the underground run to the outlet for the septic tank
?

Thanks

Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

robgraham wrote:
The garage is having a makeover, including getting guttering. What
pipe do I use for the underground run to the outlet for the septic tank
?

Thanks

Rob

You don't run rain water to a septic tank. I hope you meant that you are
running the pipe to where the outlet of the tank itself goes..

It should go to a soakaway..or of you are really lucky and the health
and safety lot haven't seen it, into a ditch.

4" standard pipe is adequate.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nigel Molesworth

On 2 Apr 2006 04:32:45 -0700, robgraham wrote:

The garage is having a makeover, including getting guttering. What
pipe do I use for the underground run to the outlet for the septic tank

You don't.

--
Nigel M
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Fixit

"robgraham" wrote in message
ups.com...
The garage is having a makeover, including getting guttering. What
pipe do I use for the underground run to the outlet for the septic tank
?

Thanks

Rob

why do you need to run the garage rain water to your septic tank rain water
goes to a soak away ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

robgraham wrote:

of that, if I do a soak away what piping do I use - seems a bit
unnecessary to use 4" drain pipes.

It does not take much moss etc to block a smaller pipe. I would have
thought it much simpler to be able to fit and forget rather than have to
keep clearing it etc.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nigel Molesworth

On 2 Apr 2006 11:43:10 -0700, robgraham wrote:

I did try to make it clear I was going to the
**OUTLET** from the tank as I'm not that daft.

Shame your English wasn't better then.

Either use 4" pipe, or 3" flexible. If the run is less than a metre,
you could get away with down pipe.

--
Nigel M
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
robgraham wrote:
I did try to make it clear I was going to the
**OUTLET** from the tank as I'm not that daft.

Shame your English wasn't better then.

He said: "The garage is having a makeover, including getting
guttering. What pipe do I use for the underground run to the
outlet for the septic tank?"

Not too difficult to understand.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham

Thanks Chris !

Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nigel Molesworth

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:35:54 +0100, Chris Bacon wrote:

He said:
"What pipe do I use ... to the outlet for the septic tank..."
Not too difficult to understand.

Totally ambiguous. He meant to say:
What pipe do I use ... to the outlet OF the septic tank

Whereas what he said implies:
What pipe do I use ... to the outlet for the septic tank INPUT

Hence all the confusion.

--
Nigel M

Mysterious basement drain pipes [email protected] Home Repair 1 December 16th 05 01:27 AM
Routing laundry drain to kitchen drain possible? orangetrader Home Repair 11 March 7th 05 04:14 AM
French Drain - Gluing Pipes? BaC Home Repair 3 August 30th 04 08:39 PM
Dishwasher Drain Greg Home Repair 2 June 8th 04 12:54 PM
Shower Drain Problem Please Help Michael Roback Home Ownership 1 October 26th 03 02:27 PM