Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy

Default Best way to install a radiator in my conservatory

Hi,

I am just about to buy my first house which has a currently unheated
conservatory. My plan is to install a radiator into it as we plan to
use it as a dinning room for the whole year.

The inside rear wall that the conservatory is "connected" too already
has the main lounge raidiator on it, and it looks a fairly easy job to
extend the piping from this to the new raidiator. Additionally the
boiler is located in the upstairs hallway (its a combi boiler)

My question really is, is this the best way to do it ?, from reading
old posts on this topic I understand the best way of installing a
radiator into a conservatory is to put it onto a completly seperate
"zone". To do this I presume it requires its own seperate pipes coming
from the boiler which to be honest seems like it will rather expensive
to do especially when there are current pipes literally the other side
of the wall.

Is my current plan of simply extending the current pipes ok ? or should
I really try to get the zone'ing thing done. Or is there a third method
which is much better.

Also is a TRV still a satisfactory way of having the radiator
controlled to ne exempt from the building regs ?

Lastly is it best to try and get the biggest raidator you can fit into
the conservatory ? as there will be more heat loss than any other room,
I think a reasonably powerful one will be required no ?

Thanks for advice in advance

Cheers

Andy