Posted to uk.d-i-y
macson

Default bath waste filter

Is there a filter that would fit a bath waste (inline or otherwise). I
need something to filter out hairs etc as the water is pumped overboard
(on a boat) as the hairs etc. can clog up the automatic float switch.
It needs to fit somewhere along the standard bath waste pipe (32 or
40mm pipe). Anyone know of such a thing and where I could get (make?)
one???

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On 28 Mar 2006 08:18:03 -0800, "macson" wrote:

|Is there a filter that would fit a bath waste (inline or otherwise). I
|need something to filter out hairs etc as the water is pumped overboard
|(on a boat) as the hairs etc. can clog up the automatic float switch.
|It needs to fit somewhere along the standard bath waste pipe (32 or
|40mm pipe). Anyone know of such a thing and where I could get (make?)
|one???

Caravan and all other UK Bath, and basin wastes include a hair trap. The
water passes though an array of about 1/4 inch dia holes for this purpose.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On 28 Mar 2006 08:18:03 -0800, "macson" wrote:

|Is there a filter that would fit a bath waste (inline or otherwise). I
|need something to filter out hairs etc as the water is pumped overboard
|(on a boat) as the hairs etc. can clog up the automatic float switch.
|It needs to fit somewhere along the standard bath waste pipe (32 or
|40mm pipe). Anyone know of such a thing and where I could get (make?)
|one???

Caravan and all other UK Bath, and basin wastes include a hair trap. The
water passes though an array of about 1/4 inch dia holes for this purpose.

or you could maybe improvise with a filter from a dishwasher (maybe?) or
something similar
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:07:39 GMT, Gav ""gavbriggs\"@[cut the
spam]blueyonder.co.uk" wrote:

|Dave Fawthrop wrote:
| On 28 Mar 2006 08:18:03 -0800, "macson" wrote:
|
| |Is there a filter that would fit a bath waste (inline or otherwise). I
| |need something to filter out hairs etc as the water is pumped overboard
| |(on a boat) as the hairs etc. can clog up the automatic float switch.
| |It needs to fit somewhere along the standard bath waste pipe (32 or
| |40mm pipe). Anyone know of such a thing and where I could get (make?)
| |one???
|
| Caravan and all other UK Bath, and basin wastes include a hair trap. The
| water passes though an array of about 1/4 inch dia holes for this purpose.
|

|or you could maybe improvise with a filter from a dishwasher (maybe?) or
|something similar

I remember reading the regulations mumble years ago about what you could
*then* put into the sewers. Human hair was specifically excluded. That
is presumably why the traps are there.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C

On 28 Mar 2006 08:18:03 -0800, "macson" wrote:

Is there a filter that would fit a bath waste (inline or otherwise). I
need something to filter out hairs etc as the water is pumped overboard
(on a boat) as the hairs etc. can clog up the automatic float switch.
It needs to fit somewhere along the standard bath waste pipe (32 or
40mm pipe). Anyone know of such a thing and where I could get (make?)
one???

Hi,

Am doing something similar at the moment, in your case I'd look at a
couple of 32/40mm tank connectors, a 'lock n lock' storage container
(tall as will fit), and some mesh from a bird feeder.

Also try asking on uk.rec.waterways

cheers,
Pete.

Usual water filter rootep Home Repair 2 January 20th 06 07:38 AM
Usual water filter rootep Home Ownership 2 January 20th 06 02:03 AM
sink waste connect to bath waste? Vass UK diy 5 November 18th 05 05:40 PM
Air conditioner return grille Rick DeBay Home Ownership 5 August 22nd 05 09:04 PM
Bath and Basin waste. Troy UK diy 6 July 25th 03 07:41 PM