Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Granite Worktop Repairs

I need to repair a couple of chips on a edge of a piece of granite. Having
read through a few posts I think you can use a type of resin.

Has anyone any advice where this can be purchased- online? And advise using
it please....

Thanks, Tim.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

tim wrote:
I need to repair a couple of chips on a edge of a piece of granite.
Having read through a few posts I think you can use a type of resin.

Has anyone any advice where this can be purchased- online? And advise
using it please....

Thanks, Tim.

When you say the edge,do you mean the flat of the side or the underneath?

If so why not chamfer it all the way?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:50:42 +0100, tim wrote:

I need to repair a couple of chips on a edge of a piece of granite. Having
read through a few posts I think you can use a type of resin.

Has anyone any advice where this can be purchased- online? And advise using
it please....

Thanks, Tim.

That's either some very wimpy granite you have there, or some very
tough cups and saucers. :-)

The link below might help
http://www.glasstechnics.co.uk/marble.html
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

If so why not chamfer it all the way?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

I could but....... you know of a DIY method to do this and polish it?

Thanks Tim.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The link below might help
http://www.glasstechnics.co.uk/marble.html
--

Thanks Mike - expensive solution, but atleast I know it can be done. Off to
the local stone mason next!

Cheers, Tim.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick

tim wrote:

I need to repair a couple of chips on a edge of a piece of granite. Having
read through a few posts I think you can use a type of resin.

Has anyone any advice where this can be purchased- online? And advise using
it please....

How about a 2-part epoxy resin such as Araldite. You could add
some crushed granite that looks similar, when you mix it. When
it's set, file the excess off and polish with fine emery. Smear
with cooking oil and you'll never tell the difference.
You could experiment first by casting a small square of epoxy and
see how it looks.