Has anyone any advice where this can be purchased- online? And advise using
it please....

Thanks, Tim.

The3rd Earl Of Derby March 28th 06 10:33 AM

Granite Worktop Repairs

tim wrote:
I need to repair a couple of chips on a edge of a piece of granite.
Having read through a few posts I think you can use a type of resin.

Has anyone any advice where this can be purchased- online? And advise
using it please....

Thanks, Tim.

When you say the edge,do you mean the flat of the side or the underneath?

If so why not chamfer it all the way?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Mike Halmarack March 28th 06 10:47 AM

Granite Worktop Repairs

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:50:42 +0100, tim wrote:

I need to repair a couple of chips on a edge of a piece of granite. Having
read through a few posts I think you can use a type of resin.

Has anyone any advice where this can be purchased- online? And advise using
it please....

Thanks, Tim.

That's either some very wimpy granite you have there, or some very
tough cups and saucers. :-)

The link below might help
http://www.glasstechnics.co.uk/marble.html
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

March 28th 06 02:08 PM

Granite Worktop Repairs

If so why not chamfer it all the way?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

I could but....... you know of a DIY method to do this and polish it?

Thanks Tim.

March 28th 06 02:09 PM

Granite Worktop Repairs

The link below might help
http://www.glasstechnics.co.uk/marble.html
--

Thanks Mike - expensive solution, but atleast I know it can be done. Off to
the local stone mason next!

Cheers, Tim.

Nick March 28th 06 02:14 PM

Granite Worktop Repairs

tim wrote:

I need to repair a couple of chips on a edge of a piece of granite. Having
read through a few posts I think you can use a type of resin.

Has anyone any advice where this can be purchased- online? And advise using
it please....

How about a 2-part epoxy resin such as Araldite. You could add
some crushed granite that looks similar, when you mix it. When
it's set, file the excess off and polish with fine emery. Smear
with cooking oil and you'll never tell the difference.
You could experiment first by casting a small square of epoxy and
see how it looks.