Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim

Default Combis and showers

Since our HW recently packed up I've decided it's about time I got the
system updated and a new kitchen fitted. The boiler is currently
inconveniently sited on an internal wall in the kitchen and rather than get
a new flue system etc I'd rather get it out the way by moving up to the
loft. However to get a boiler in the loft and to keep access to it I'll have
to get rid of the tanks so looks like I'll have to go for a combi.

My main concerns with this route are

1. In reality can they really keep up with filling a bath to a decent depth

2. I currently also have a shower over the bath, the pipework of which runs
from the HW cylinder up to the roofspace and back down to a mixer valve,
back us to the roof space and down to the shower head. (valve and head on
different walls) This is run via a 1.4 bar pump. How noticeable of drop in
performance am I likely to get if this is just run from the combi

Thanks

Jim

Of pressure reducing valves, combis & showers... Scott M UK diy 4 January 28th 06 08:16 PM
new house - can't work combi boiler Katya Robin UK diy 60 August 18th 05 07:14 AM
replacing c/heating boiler Jentrev96 UK diy 46 September 12th 04 12:22 PM
Ravenheat Combi Boiler Simes UK diy 22 April 2nd 04 12:03 AM
Woohoo - good water pressure, combi's on! Suz UK diy 1 September 5th 03 08:28 PM