Posted to uk.d-i-y
danw

Default Condensing boiler condensate recycling

Hi,

has anyone had any success in recycling their condensate from their
boiler? I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden but that I
could change the pH of it easily enough.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks, Dan.

--
~ Dan Woodford ~
www.saltandwoodsmoke.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article
danw wrote:
Hi,

has anyone had any success in recycling their condensate from their
boiler? I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden but that I
could change the pH of it easily enough.

Any thoughts welcome.

Grow some acid-loving plants?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nigel Molesworth

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:38:03 +0000, danw wrote:

recycling their condensate

How much are we taking here?

I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden

Grow rhododendrons

--
Nigel M
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
danw writes:
Hi,

has anyone had any success in recycling their condensate from their
boiler? I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden but that I
could change the pH of it easily enough.

Any thoughts welcome.

Could be good for flushing loos -- no hard water scale and
would slowly dissolve any limescale that was there due to
the regular water supply.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
danw writes:
Hi,

has anyone had any success in recycling their condensate from their
boiler? I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden but that I
could change the pH of it easily enough.

Any thoughts welcome.

Could be good for flushing loos -- no hard water scale and
would slowly dissolve any limescale that was there due to
the regular water supply.

Mightn't that also corrode the plumbing?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rob Morley wrote:
In article
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
danw writes:

Hi,

has anyone had any success in recycling their condensate from their
boiler? I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden but that I
could change the pH of it easily enough.

Any thoughts welcome.

Could be good for flushing loos -- no hard water scale and
would slowly dissolve any limescale that was there due to
the regular water supply.

Mightn't that also corrode the plumbing?

Plastic cistern, plastic parts, plastic pipe to loo. Not for use in old
metal systems.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
danw

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:38:03 +0000, danw wrote:

recycling their condensate

How much are we taking here?

Pass, I haven't measured. Just seems a waste to pipe it down the waste pipe.

dan.
--
~ Dan Woodford ~
www.saltandwoodsmoke.com
Better living through preservation

Condensing boiler (continued) - Told I cannot have as Cast iron Waste pipe - plot thickens! Dave Smithz UK diy 33 November 23rd 05 07:24 PM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Condensing Boiler - NO Condensate but BIG plume David UK diy 4 January 31st 04 12:47 PM
Condensing boiler - odd installation mike.james UK diy 57 October 27th 03 08:19 PM