DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Condensing boiler condensate recycling (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/150589-condensing-boiler-condensate-recycling.html)

danw March 25th 06 03:38 PM

Condensing boiler condensate recycling

Hi,

has anyone had any success in recycling their condensate from their
boiler? I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden but that I
could change the pH of it easily enough.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks, Dan.

--
~ Dan Woodford ~
www.saltandwoodsmoke.com

Rob Morley March 25th 06 03:53 PM

Condensing boiler condensate recycling

In article
danw wrote:
Hi,

has anyone had any success in recycling their condensate from their
boiler? I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden but that I
could change the pH of it easily enough.

Any thoughts welcome.

Grow some acid-loving plants?

Nigel Molesworth March 25th 06 03:58 PM

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:38:03 +0000, danw wrote:

recycling their condensate

How much are we taking here?

I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden

Grow rhododendrons

--
Nigel M

Andrew Gabriel March 25th 06 04:39 PM

Condensing boiler condensate recycling

In article ,
danw writes:
Hi,

has anyone had any success in recycling their condensate from their
boiler? I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden but that I
could change the pH of it easily enough.

Any thoughts welcome.

Could be good for flushing loos -- no hard water scale and
would slowly dissolve any limescale that was there due to
the regular water supply.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Rob Morley March 26th 06 11:46 AM

Condensing boiler condensate recycling

In article
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
danw writes:
Hi,

has anyone had any success in recycling their condensate from their
boiler? I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden but that I
could change the pH of it easily enough.

Any thoughts welcome.

Could be good for flushing loos -- no hard water scale and
would slowly dissolve any limescale that was there due to
the regular water supply.

Mightn't that also corrode the plumbing?

[email protected] March 26th 06 02:26 PM

Condensing boiler condensate recycling

Rob Morley wrote:
In article
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
danw writes:

Hi,

has anyone had any success in recycling their condensate from their
boiler? I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden but that I
could change the pH of it easily enough.

Any thoughts welcome.

Could be good for flushing loos -- no hard water scale and
would slowly dissolve any limescale that was there due to
the regular water supply.

Mightn't that also corrode the plumbing?

Plastic cistern, plastic parts, plastic pipe to loo. Not for use in old
metal systems.

NT

Andrew Gabriel March 26th 06 02:40 PM

Condensing boiler condensate recycling

In article . com,
writes:
Rob Morley wrote:
In article
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
danw writes:

Hi,

has anyone had any success in recycling their condensate from their
boiler? I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden but that I
could change the pH of it easily enough.

Any thoughts welcome.

Could be good for flushing loos -- no hard water scale and
would slowly dissolve any limescale that was there due to
the regular water supply.

Mightn't that also corrode the plumbing?

Plastic cistern, plastic parts, plastic pipe to loo. Not for use in old
metal systems.

With a notice above -- "Warning, toilet runs on Gas" ...

--
Andrew Gabriel

Andy Hall March 26th 06 05:53 PM

Condensing boiler condensate recycling

On 26 Mar 2006 13:40:38 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

In article . com,
writes:
Rob Morley wrote:
In article
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
danw writes:

Hi,

has anyone had any success in recycling their condensate from their
boiler? I'm assuming it's too acidic to use in the garden but that I
could change the pH of it easily enough.

Any thoughts welcome.

Could be good for flushing loos -- no hard water scale and
would slowly dissolve any limescale that was there due to
the regular water supply.

Mightn't that also corrode the plumbing?

Plastic cistern, plastic parts, plastic pipe to loo. Not for use in old
metal systems.

With a notice above -- "Warning, toilet runs on Gas" ...

I wonder if...... nah... wouldn't be practicable...

--

..andy

danw March 26th 06 08:36 PM

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:38:03 +0000, danw wrote:

recycling their condensate

How much are we taking here?

Pass, I haven't measured. Just seems a waste to pipe it down the waste pipe.

dan.