Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tiling - how to darken the grout ?

When replacing an old tile to match the old ones

or perhaps just whiten up the old ones ?

ta

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

z wrote:
When replacing an old tile to match the old ones

or perhaps just whiten up the old ones ?

ta

Mix some soot in to the new grout...BAL grout comes in ivory, grey and
white.

Between the three of them you should be able to match...

Alternatively gouge the old grout out and re do. Brick acid attacks
grout pretty well..;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

z wrote:
When replacing an old tile to match the old ones

or perhaps just whiten up the old ones ?

ta

clean the old, and paint varnish onto the new. That takes the edge off
it and makes it easier to clean. It doesnt take long before it matches
completely.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

z wrote:
When replacing an old tile to match the old ones

or perhaps just whiten up the old ones ?

This stuff isn't bad:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=102589&ts=81844&id=98439

I think if I were you I'd be concentrating on cleaning up or renewing
the old grout rather than trying to make the new stuff look old and
grubby...

David

Grout Sealant cover Home Ownership 9 March 16th 05 03:14 PM
Grout Sealant cover Home Repair 10 March 16th 05 03:14 PM
Grout Paint...options? djay Home Repair 6 March 13th 05 05:29 PM
Newbie tiling: grout profiles [email protected] UK diy 5 March 2nd 05 04:28 PM
Can I darken grout? Wendy in NCa Home Repair 2 January 22nd 05 11:34 PM