Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Architraves ( ? ) round window reveals

Do they still fit these in new builds and whats the point of them
anyway .Is it for protection of some sort .......?

When I did up my kitchen I just removed the old ones and painted the
new plasterboard .......I'm about to do the same in the bathroom
,especially as one side is much narrower than the other on account of
a mains water inlet pipe being at the other side .

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Stuart wrote:

Do they still fit these in new builds

not often

and whats the point of them
anyway .

Looks nice...

Is it for protection of some sort .......?

possibly that as well.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

John Rumm wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Do they still fit these in new builds

not often

and whats the point of them
anyway .

Looks nice...

Is it for protection of some sort .......?

possibly that as well.

What's he talking about?

Round window reveals what?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...

John Rumm wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Do they still fit these in new builds

not often

and whats the point of them
anyway .

Looks nice...

Is it for protection of some sort .......?

possibly that as well.

What's he talking about?

Round window reveals what?

It's "reveal" (noun) not "reveal" (verb)

They make wall papering easier but I have only really seen them round wooden
lined reveals on older houses.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 16:57:07 -0000, "Bob Mannix"
wrote:

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
roups.com...

John Rumm wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Do they still fit these in new builds

not often

and whats the point of them
anyway .

Looks nice...

Is it for protection of some sort .......?

possibly that as well.

What's he talking about?

Round window reveals what?

It's "reveal" (noun) not "reveal" (verb)

They make wall papering easier but I have only really seen them round wooden
lined reveals on older houses.

perhaps I should have said "around window reveals"

Mine is an old flat ..100 years old or thereabouts ..

Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Weatherlawyer wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Do they still fit these in new builds

not often

and whats the point of them
anyway .

Looks nice...

Is it for protection of some sort .......?

possibly that as well.

What's he talking about?

perhaps you ought to rephrase that to

"I don't understand, what is a window reveal"

--
Stop The Badger Cull - Respond by the 10th March

http://www.stopthecull.info/emaildefra.php

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:14:18 GMT, "." wrote:

Weatherlawyer wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Do they still fit these in new builds

not often

and whats the point of them
anyway .

Looks nice...

Is it for protection of some sort .......?

possibly that as well.

What's he talking about?

perhaps you ought to rephrase that to

"I don't understand, what is a window reveal"

Wel,as I understand it .A reveal is the part of the window recess
between the face of the inner wall and the window .

Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

John Rumm wrote:
Stuart wrote:
and whats the point of them anyway.

Looks nice...

I can't think of another reason, and it you put curtains
in front it makes little difference anyway...