Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
SimonJ

Default Doggy smell in car

Any suggestions how to get rid of a dog smell, which appears to be emanating
from the boot carpet of my car.

It would appear that the previous owner used to have dogs, and when the car
has been parked for a couple of days without the doors being opened, the
smell builds up in the car.
Any suggestions, other than throwing the carpets away!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Stuart Gray

"SimonJ" wrote in message
Any suggestions how to get rid of a dog smell, which appears to be
emanating from the boot carpet of my car.

It would appear that the previous owner used to have dogs, and when the
car has been parked for a couple of days without the doors being opened,
the smell builds up in the car.
Any suggestions, other than throwing the carpets away!

Take the carpets out and wash them? Or a good Fabreze session as per the
advert?

--
Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
sQuick

"Stuart Gray" me@home wrote in message

"SimonJ" wrote in message
Any suggestions how to get rid of a dog smell, which appears to be
emanating from the boot carpet of my car.

It would appear that the previous owner used to have dogs, and when the
car has been parked for a couple of days without the doors being opened,
the smell builds up in the car.
Any suggestions, other than throwing the carpets away!

Take the carpets out and wash them? Or a good Fabreze session as per the
advert?

--
Stuart

Being a keen dogger myself I can confirm that it leaves no smell is the car,
just a residue down the wing that has to be washed off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Timo Geusch

SimonJ wrote:

Any suggestions how to get rid of a dog smell, which appears to be
emanating from the boot carpet of my car.

It would appear that the previous owner used to have dogs, and when
the car has been parked for a couple of days without the doors being
opened, the smell builds up in the car. Any suggestions, other than
throwing the carpets away!

Try Febreze, but IME you can't get rid of the smell completely once
it's taken hold.

I've had to sell a car because of that :-/

--
Timo Geusch
'90 Range Rover Vogue SE LPG | '87 VW Jetta GTI
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
The3rd Earl Of Derby

SimonJ wrote:
Any suggestions how to get rid of a dog smell, which appears to be
emanating from the boot carpet of my car.

It would appear that the previous owner used to have dogs, and when
the car has been parked for a couple of days without the doors being
opened, the smell builds up in the car.
Any suggestions, other than throwing the carpets away!

Yes,their handbags do linger a lot don't they. ;-)

--?
Sir Benjamin Midllethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Adrian

SimonJ ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

Any suggestions how to get rid of a dog smell, which appears to be
emanating from the boot carpet of my car.

It would appear that the previous owner used to have dogs, and when
the car has been parked for a couple of days without the doors being
opened, the smell builds up in the car.
Any suggestions, other than throwing the carpets away!

Get a dog of your own, then *everything* you own will smell of dog, so you
won't notice it in the car?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
The Medway Handyman

SimonJ wrote:
Any suggestions how to get rid of a dog smell, which appears to be
emanating from the boot carpet of my car.

Find a Janitorial Supplier in your local Yellow Pages who is a Prochem
dealer (almost all are). Get hold of some Prochem Urine Neutraliser. A 1
litre spray bottle will cost you about £5. This stuff is as used by pro
carpet cleaners and it works!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
shazzbat

"SimonJ" wrote in message
Any suggestions how to get rid of a dog smell, which appears to be
emanating from the boot carpet of my car.

It would appear that the previous owner used to have dogs, and when the
car has been parked for a couple of days without the doors being opened,
the smell builds up in the car.
Any suggestions, other than throwing the carpets away!

Can you still get shake,n vac? I haven't seen that advert on the telly for a
while. (Not that I'm complaining) A friend with dogs used to swear by it.

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Guy King

The message
from "SimonJ" contains these words:

Any suggestions, other than throwing the carpets away!

Carry a couple of puking kids. You'll soon forget all about the dogsmell.

--
Skipweasel
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Ian Stirling

In uk.rec.cars.maintenance Guy King wrote:
The message
from "SimonJ" contains these words:

Any suggestions, other than throwing the carpets away!

Carry a couple of puking kids. You'll soon forget all about the dogsmell.

Lend it out to Stan Collymore, and replace it with a dogging smell?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Gingangooli

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
In uk.rec.cars.maintenance Guy King wrote:
The message
from "SimonJ" contains these words:

Any suggestions, other than throwing the carpets away!

Carry a couple of puking kids. You'll soon forget all about the dogsmell.

Lend it out to Stan Collymore, and replace it with a dogging smell?

I remember the day I got my brand new BMW316 (K-reg), took the kids out for
a ride in it (as you do)..... then the words came from the back seat.....
"Dad I think I'm going to be sick"......... CHRIST did those brakes work
well !!!!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
John Greystrong

SimonJ wrote:
Any suggestions how to get rid of a dog smell, which appears to be emanating
from the boot carpet of my car.

It would appear that the previous owner used to have dogs, and when the car
has been parked for a couple of days without the doors being opened, the
smell builds up in the car.
Any suggestions, other than throwing the carpets away!

Simple Solution

http://www.petsathome.com/invt/3380

I have a Range Rover that absolutely stunk of wet dog all the time.
Washing carpets, air fresheners, Fabreze etc. either didn't work or
lasted about a week. I sprayed the Simple Solutions stuff about 4 mths
ago and I haven't had a whiff since. Highly recommended.

I got it from my local pet shop.

John
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
The Natural Philosopher

SimonJ wrote:
Any suggestions how to get rid of a dog smell, which appears to be emanating
from the boot carpet of my car.

It would appear that the previous owner used to have dogs, and when the car
has been parked for a couple of days without the doors being opened, the
smell builds up in the car.
Any suggestions, other than throwing the carpets away!

Frankly, without washing the carpets, no.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
SteveH

Warwick wrote:

Any suggestions, other than throwing the carpets away!

Pull the carpets out and rent a Rug Doctor machine from any of your
local Dry Cleaners/Safeways. When you rent the machine they'll offer you
the upholstery attachement. Accept. Buy a gallon of the concentrate.
spend 24 hours over a weekend, 3 hours of that on the carpets and
upholstery in the car, the rest using the cleaner in the house because
you're damned if you're going to pay for a weekend's rental and not
clean the house and all the curtains and anything else that will stay
still long enough.

Lol!

I bought a Bissell and did exactly the same the first few days I had
it.....
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL