Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What to look for in a vinyl for kitchen?

Hi, We're planning to put some sort of vinyl down in our kitchen but I
don't have any idea what to look for when choosing a decent quality,
reasonably priced vinyl.
The floor space is 10 sq metres (4 * 2.5) and I am laying it on 12mm
ply. I probably don't want to spend more than £200 - £250 so I'm
looking at around £20 psm.
This rules out Amtico and Karndean which I've heard are good but very
pricey. We plan to stay in the house for at least a couple of years but
may stay longer so want something fairly durable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
al

wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi, We're planning to put some sort of vinyl down in our kitchen but I
don't have any idea what to look for when choosing a decent quality,
reasonably priced vinyl.
The floor space is 10 sq metres (4 * 2.5) and I am laying it on 12mm
ply. I probably don't want to spend more than £200 - £250 so I'm
looking at around £20 psm.
This rules out Amtico and Karndean which I've heard are good but very
pricey. We plan to stay in the house for at least a couple of years but
may stay longer so want something fairly durable.

I went for a 4mm vinyl from Allied Carpets at £19.99 /m2, which should
hopefully be very durable! Ask me again in 20 years ;o)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
Hi, We're planning to put some sort of vinyl down in our kitchen but I
don't have any idea what to look for when choosing a decent quality,
reasonably priced vinyl.
The floor space is 10 sq metres (4 * 2.5) and I am laying it on 12mm
ply. I probably don't want to spend more than £200 - £250 so I'm
looking at around £20 psm.
This rules out Amtico and Karndean which I've heard are good but very
pricey. We plan to stay in the house for at least a couple of years but
may stay longer so want something fairly durable.

Vinyl tiles? On a good surface these can look fine and easily to replace
individual ones through damage etc. Easy to fit, too.

--
*Horn broken. - Watch for finger.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Leveling vinyl floor The Data Rat Home Repair 4 July 23rd 05 07:36 AM
Vinyl siding to replace wood siding. ADD Home Repair 7 May 11th 05 02:22 PM
How dangerous is 3% asbestos in vinyl flooring? [email protected] Home Repair 21 August 26th 04 07:53 AM
Vinyl windows and siding: need to make decision Pat Kiewicz Home Repair 1 July 10th 03 03:09 PM