Posted to uk.d-i-y
spencer

Default BAXI BAHAMA NO FLAME

like many on these discussion boards i have been battling away with my
baxi boiler for the last three or four years. I'm close to giving up
the ghost but it's intermittent working leads me on again with hopes of
a fault free future.

This time i have no flame whatsoever. The electrodes spark nicely but
there is no gas at the burner. Aha, so i think it's the valve. After
connecting the valve back to front i find that no gas is emmited when i
start the sequence (i use my nose) 5 seconds later the noflame light
kicks in.

So time to get a new valve? Or is it the CVI board controling the valve
that's at fault? Yesterday i completely took apart the gas valve and
found a little dust around the copper spring; cleaned, replaced and
****inghey! it works.
Oh yeah, today it's broken again.....

So where is the best place to start:
! does the main pcb control the valve or is it just the cvi box?
! should i try buying a cvi box first or is it more likely to be the
valve?
! does the fact that it worked beautifully yesterday suggest another
avenue?

spencer

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 10:50:04 -0800, spencer wrote:

[...]

A rather more reliable and potentially less hazardous way of detecting the
gas is to use a manometer on the outlet of the gas valve. A multimeter on
the gas valve inputs would be the key test here.

Baxi Bahama 100 Bioler, working with hot water but not properly with CH ekkypoo UK diy 1 November 20th 05 12:31 AM
Baxi bahama 100 cuts out after 5 to 20 seconds [email protected] UK diy 1 November 20th 05 12:27 AM
Baxi Bahama 100 Boiler ekkypoo UK diy 0 April 21st 05 02:38 PM
Baxi bahama switches between HW and CH every few seconds Joel Payne UK diy 0 August 26th 03 12:18 PM