Posted to uk.d-i-y
PhilC

Default Poss OT But it is for DIY

I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
It is - just about - similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate. The word I had in mind
was Hydrolyser but nothing found made sense. The ???????? has the ability to
make two unlike substances - say oil & water - become one this may be
oversimplified but hope you get the idea

Thanks

PhilC

Posted to uk.d-i-y
SimonJ

similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate.

Fnar fnar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PhilC

--

"SimonJ" wrote in message
similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate.

Fnar fnar.

Yep should have expected that especially after Googling for Vibrator!
: )

PhilC

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris

PhilC wrote:
I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
It is - just about - similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate. The word I had in mind
was Hydrolyser but nothing found made sense. The ???????? has the ability to
make two unlike substances - say oil & water - become one this may be
oversimplified but hope you get the idea

Thanks

PhilC

Not quite what you are looking for, but when mixing water into oil we
would always use a high shear stirrer. The one we had was made by a
company called Silversan (sp?).

HTH,

Chris

--
Cut along the dotted line to reply
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rumble

PhilC said the following on 13/02/2006 11:44:
I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
It is - just about - similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate. The word I had in mind
was Hydrolyser but nothing found made sense. The ???????? has the ability to
make two unlike substances - say oil & water - become one this may be
oversimplified but hope you get the idea

Thanks

PhilC

You could google for 'emulsifying machine' or 'homogenizer'

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:53:30 +0000, Rumble .@. wrote:

|You could google for ... 'homogenizer'

DIY milk?
Difficult for me ;o)
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Chris wrote:
PhilC wrote:

I'm looking a piece of equipment [that] vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency.

Not quite what you are looking for, but when mixing water into oil we would always use a
high shear stirrer. The one we had was made by a company called Silversan.

What sort of scrapped gizmos might he find a pietzo electrical doo-dah
in? The only thing I can think of is a gas igniter but that works the
wrong way.

Desperately trying to be clever after that video tape debacle.Unless
he can plug one into a PSU or something?/Desperately trying to be
clever after that video tape debacle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumps

Chris wrote:
PhilC wrote:
I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
It is - just about - similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate. The word I had in
mind was Hydrolyser but nothing found made sense. The ???????? has
the ability to make two unlike substances - say oil & water - become
one this may be oversimplified but hope you get the idea

Thanks

PhilC

Not quite what you are looking for, but when mixing water into oil we
would always use a high shear stirrer. The one we had was made by a
company called Silversan (sp?).

Silverson, in Chesham. Right opposite my office.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

PhilC wrote:
I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
The ???????? has the ability to
make two unlike substances - say oil & water - become one this may be
oversimplified but hope you get the idea

To do this, could you use an ultrasonic cleaning bath?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
PhilC

--

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
PhilC wrote:
I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
The ???????? has the ability to
make two unlike substances - say oil & water - become one this may be
oversimplified but hope you get the idea

To do this, could you use an ultrasonic cleaning bath?

One of the earlier replies mentioned homogeniser when I searched them there
were several mentions of ultrasonic. I have an ultrasonic cleaner it may be
worth a try!
Thanks

PhilC

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message ews.net,
PhilC writes

http://www.annsummers.com/single.asp...=2005&pid=3156

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message ews.net,
PhilC writes

Phil can you sort your sig sep out ?

your whole post and everything else disappears if one tries to reply
because it's posted under your sig separator

If you don't understand google for it

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Owain
writes
Chris Bacon wrote:
To do this, could you use an ultrasonic cleaning bath?

Which happens to be a special next week at either Aldi or Lidl, can't
remember which

This ?

http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/product_720.html

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
PhilC

--

"raden" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
PhilC writes
I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
It is - just about - similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate. The word I had in mind
was Hydrolyser but nothing found made sense. The ???????? has the ability

make two unlike substances - say oil & water - become one this may be
oversimplified but hope you get the idea

http://www.annsummers.com/single.asp...=2005&pid=3156

--
geoff

Yes but is it high frequency? : )

PhilC

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PhilC

"PhilC" wrote in message
reenews.net...

--

"raden" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
PhilC writes
I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
It is - just about - similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate. The word I had in

mind
was Hydrolyser but nothing found made sense. The ???????? has the

ability
make two unlike substances - say oil & water - become one this may be
oversimplified but hope you get the idea

http://www.annsummers.com/single.asp...=2005&pid=3156

--
geoff

Yes but is it high frequency? : )

PhilC

Didn't realise hope this is OK - for some reason my sig which I delete for
newsgroups was appearing as a header

PhilC

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:20:42 -0000, "PhilC"

In message ews.net,
PhilC writes
I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
It is - just about - similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate. The word I had in mind
was Hydrolyser but nothing found made sense. The ???????? has the ability

make two unlike substances - say oil & water - become one this may be
oversimplified but hope you get the idea

http://www.annsummers.com/single.asp...=2005&pid=3156

--
geoff

Yes but is it high frequency? : )

PhilC

I would think so with a specification like that..... ;-)

Although how it achieves being the *most* unique, I'm not sure -
that's a real art.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message ews.net,
PhilC writes

Do sort out your bloody sig sep, there's a good lad

this thing here below

--

"raden" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
PhilC writes
I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
It is - just about - similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate. The word I had in

mind
was Hydrolyser but nothing found made sense. The ???????? has the

ability
make two unlike substances - say oil & water - become one this may be
oversimplified but hope you get the idea

http://www.annsummers.com/single.asp...=2005&pid=3156

--
geoff

Yes but is it high frequency? : )

PhilC

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

raden wrote:
In message , Owain
writes
Chris Bacon wrote:

To do this, could you use an ultrasonic cleaning bath?

Which happens to be a special next week at either Aldi or Lidl, can't
remember which

This ?
http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/product_720.html

I couldn't reply to the Owain's message it was some garble in the code
but i can to yours. Odd.

I want one. Is it dirt cheap and a toy or is it designed for use in a
garage or somesuch not just for cleaning paste?

Well I see it's an expensive toy. Looks like it's powered by two AAA's.
I don't think I'll bother at that price.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:44:44 -0000, "PhilC" wrote:

I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
It is - just about - similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate.

You can get an add-on prong for a Fein Multimaster.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PhilC

"raden" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
PhilC writes

Do sort out your bloody sig sep, there's a good lad

this thing here below

--

"raden" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
PhilC writes
I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
It is - just about - similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate. The word I had in

mind
was Hydrolyser but nothing found made sense. The ???????? has the

ability
make two unlike substances - say oil & water - become one this may be
oversimplified but hope you get the idea

http://www.annsummers.com/single.asp...=2005&pid=3156

--
geoff

Yes but is it high frequency? : )

PhilC

--
geoff

Sorted

PhilC

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PhilC

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:44:44 -0000, "PhilC" wrote:

I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
It is - just about - similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate.

You can get an add-on prong for a Fein Multimaster.

Not sure if it ossicilates at a high enough rate but worth a try
Thanks
PhilC

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:29:23 -0000, "PhilC"
wrote:

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:44:44 -0000, "PhilC" wrote:

I'm looking a piece of equipment but don't know the name of it!
It is - just about - similar in design to a Vibrating Poker used in
concreting but is very very much smaller - hand held - and
vibrates/oscillates at a very high frequency/rate.

You can get an add-on prong for a Fein Multimaster.

Not sure if it ossicilates at a high enough rate but worth a try
Thanks
PhilC

Yes they do. Range is adjustable and similar to a hair clipper to
give you an idea.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article
raden wrote:
In message ews.net,
PhilC writes

Phil can you sort your sig sep out ?

your whole post and everything else disappears if one tries to reply
because it's posted under your sig separator

I don't know if Turnpike can do somehting similar, but with Gravity you
can highlight the entire post (or any part of it) before you reply, and
the highlighted bit will be quoted in the followup, rather than the
usual behaviour of quoting the whole post and snipping the sig.