Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Hemmings

Default How to mend edge of concrete on front of garage floor?

Hi,

I have a bit of concrete broken away from the front edge of my garage
floor and have tried to repair it using a strong cement mix and using
pva on the old concrete and in the mix.
Even after leaving it to get hard (+ 7 days) the car tyres still manage
to break the edge off again.

Any advice appreciated (other than re-laying the floor!).

Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Hemmings wrote:
Hi,

I have a bit of concrete broken away from the front edge of my garage
floor and have tried to repair it using a strong cement mix and using
pva on the old concrete and in the mix.
Even after leaving it to get hard (+ 7 days) the car tyres still manage
to break the edge off again.

Would it be possible to chamfer or round off the edge with a grinder?
or you could fit a length of angle iron or something similar to
reinforce the edge

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rednadnerb

How about drilling to put some plugs and screws into the damaged area
before repairing, use long screws and leave the heads sticking out to
provide a key between the old and the new, maybe also screw some
expanded metal mesh firmly to the damaged area.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Peter Hemmings wrote:
Hi,

I have a bit of concrete broken away from the front edge of my garage
floor and have tried to repair it using a strong cement mix and using
pva on the old concrete and in the mix.
Even after leaving it to get hard (+ 7 days) the car tyres still
manage to break the edge off again.

Try an epoxy concrete repair product like this
http://www.watco.co.uk/asp/autopage....XORG&Group=REP

Not cheap, but almost bomb proof.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Leveling an uneven concrete basement floor Yank_fan_2965 Home Repair 7 December 2nd 05 03:40 AM
Basement concrete floor installation - your opinion insulation? [email protected] Home Ownership 7 June 13th 05 08:48 PM
Garage floor paint ? Dave UK diy 8 June 8th 05 04:53 PM
Preparing a concrete floor for ceramic tiles. Will UK diy 11 October 28th 04 11:19 AM
Painting the garage floor Andrew McKay UK diy 4 July 17th 03 07:49 PM