Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler flow/vent pipe going crazy!!

Hi,

From what I've been able to work out, I have an indirect cylinder and pumped
central heating system.
The problem is that the flow pipe from the boiler into the cylinder (also
the vent pipe) periodically rattles like crazy at the top where it feeds
back into the feed and expansion tank. Any clues as to what would be
causing this?
Also, about every 10 minutes or so when the heating is on, I'm getting
quite a bit of noise from central heating pipework in the ceiling in close
proximity to the boiler - it's almost as loud as if you were listening to
the rising main and the cold water cistern filling after, for example,
flushing the toilet.
Would appreciate any pointers on either of these problems.

Thanks in advance,
D.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 19:22:02 +0000, D wrote:

Hi,

From what I've been able to work out, I have an indirect cylinder and pumped
central heating system.
The problem is that the flow pipe from the boiler into the cylinder (also
the vent pipe) periodically rattles like crazy at the top where it feeds
back into the feed and expansion tank. Any clues as to what would be
causing this?

If it's like a banging noise that could be water boiling in the system.
Which is Not Good [tm)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi John,

That's what I thought it might be but I have no idea what could be causing
this. I've turned the boiler down a notch or so and it has improved, but
it's only started happening recently. Any ideas where the fault is?

Thanks,
D.

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 19:22:02 +0000, D wrote:

Hi,

From what I've been able to work out, I have an indirect cylinder and
pumped
central heating system.
The problem is that the flow pipe from the boiler into the cylinder (also
the vent pipe) periodically rattles like crazy at the top where it feeds
back into the feed and expansion tank. Any clues as to what would be
causing this?

If it's like a banging noise that could be water boiling in the system.
Which is Not Good [tm)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"D" wrote in message
Hi John,

That's what I thought it might be but I have no idea what could be causing
this. I've turned the boiler down a notch or so and it has improved, but
it's only started happening recently. Any ideas where the fault is?

Your boiler stat may be way out on calibration.