Posted to uk.d-i-y
spot

Default Hot water or lack of it

I have a Saunier duval combi boiler and when i turn the hot tap on it
comes out cold for about 40 seconds before warming up, I then have to
turn down for it to heat up. Have changed thermister to no effect. Any
ideas please?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

spot wrote:

I have a Saunier duval combi boiler and when i turn the hot tap on it
comes out cold for about 40 seconds before warming up, I then have to
turn down for it to heat up. Have changed thermister to no effect. Any
ideas please?

Sounds like a pretty typical combi to me! Isn't that what it's *supposed* to
do?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y
spot

I understand that they may take time to heat up but this has only just
started happening to this extent. The shower will not work unless the
tap is turned on full and when it warms up turn the shower on before
turning tap off. I wondered whether there may be another explanation.
Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

spot wrote:

I understand that they may take time to heat up but this has only just
started happening to this extent. The shower will not work unless the
tap is turned on full and when it warms up turn the shower on before
turning tap off. I wondered whether there may be another explanation.

How much do you have to turn it down before the water gets hot enough?
Once you get it to "hand hot" try measuring the flow rate (bucket of
known capacity and a stop watch). That will give us some feeling for the
scale of the problem.

Are you in a hard water area?
Is the heating working correctly?

--