Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pardroid

Default Blew up lighting system - how much to repair?

Dear group,

I'm a first time poster and I've done something monumentally stupid, which
was to replace 5 20w halogen light bulbs with 5 50w halogen light buls
because they were cheaper (I'm used to "normal" bulbs, where it never seemed
to matter what wattage I use).

Two days later, and the circuit that's feeding electricity to these bulbs
seems to have blown. After a bit of research on Google it sounds like the
transformer failed and needs to be replaced.

To cut a long story short, I'm intending to pay someone to sort this out for
me as I don't really want to start fiddling with it myself. I've never had
to hire an electrician before and was hoping someone may have an idea what
kind of price is "reasonable" for this sort of repair, as I'd rather like to
avoid getting ripped off.

Thanks in advance!