Default DIY DVD System Repair?

Hello All

A long shot but here goes!

My Pioneer X4 DV303 DVD/CD Receiver unit has decided to stop outputing
sound through the centre speakers resulting in no talking on DVDs
whilst in 5.1 mode. My mate has exactly the same model and has had the
same problem, the only difference is that he purchased his from john
Lewis and paid =A3100 more but because of their 2 year gurantee has had
it replaced FOC. Mine now is approaching 16 months old and well out of
guarantee.

Does anyone know if it would be easy to do a DIY fix on this type of
problem and how would I go about doing this? I really cant be bothered
to package up and send to the repairers and end up paying =A3100,
probably prefer to get a new one.

Any thoughts?

TIA=20

Richard

John

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello All

A long shot but here goes!

My Pioneer X4 DV303 DVD/CD Receiver unit has decided to stop outputing
sound through the centre speakers resulting in no talking on DVDs
whilst in 5.1 mode. My mate has exactly the same model and has had the
same problem, the only difference is that he purchased his from john
Lewis and paid £100 more but because of their 2 year gurantee has had
it replaced FOC. Mine now is approaching 16 months old and well out of
guarantee.

try
http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Paul King wrote:

Persuade your mate to allow you to swap over the guts of both units.... then
send "his" back for repair under warranty again.

Well, it's a thought... I'll get my coat...

Why bother his mate?
Just go buy a new one from John Lewis or Argos or whatever, take your
old one back in the box of the new one (as long as it's cleaned up etc)
then take it back for a refund.

Not ethical and not nice if you are they put it straight back into
stock, but as someone else mentioned, even out of guarantee period,
everything should have an acceptable use life-span which 2 years is
clearly NOT and repair/replacement from supplier/manufacturer shouldn't
be a problem.

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
Christian McArdle

Just go buy a new one from John Lewis or Argos or whatever, take your
old one back in the box of the new one (as long as it's cleaned up etc)
then take it back for a refund.

Why risk committing fraud when there is a perfectly legal method of redress?

Christian.

Christian McArdle

Mine now is approaching 16 months old and well out of guarantee.

Where did you buy it from? It is likely that your statutory rights would
apply and would overrule the guarantee. Your statutory rights apply to the
retailer, NOT the manufacturer. The manufacturer has obligation to you when
the guarantee expires.

Pioneer is marketed as a premium brand and the court is unlikely to regard
16 months as an unreasonable period for the device to work.

Christian.

Christian McArdle wrote:
Mine now is approaching 16 months old and well out of guarantee.

Where did you buy it from? It is likely that your statutory rights

would
apply and would overrule the guarantee. Your statutory rights apply

to the
retailer, NOT the manufacturer. The manufacturer has obligation to

you when
the guarantee expires.

Pioneer is marketed as a premium brand and the court is unlikely to

regard
16 months as an unreasonable period for the device to work.

Christian.

Depends on how much he paid for it, more than the make of system,
although I suspect it isn't one of the 50 quid jobbies.

Rollox! Just worded a big reply and got a server error!

Anyway short reply this time. Thanks for all your feedback, I am
pursuing the Sales of Goods Act. Didn't realise that the retailer is
repsonsible for goods purchased up until 5 years!!!!

Cheers all

Richard

repair or replace goodman hvac system?? Carol Scheible Home Repair 9 August 12th 04 03:44 PM
Cleaning out central heating system Dave UK diy 8 December 26th 03 05:47 PM
New system nightmare Victoria UK diy 18 December 23rd 03 12:30 PM
Water system problem BigWallop UK diy 2 August 8th 03 11:12 AM