Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Drill bit for Kitchen door Hinges

As a supplementary on this thread, I had to trim some doors to fit so had
to drill new hinge holes. The trimming was such that the old hole was
exposed on the new edge. What would be the neatest way to fill it? I
realise you can get plastic plugs for a 'full' spare hole. I have a couple
of spare drawer fronts - what's the chances of cutting a plug from them?
And where would I get a suitable cutter?

--
*Who is this General Failure chap anyway - and why is he reading my HD? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:27:17 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

As a supplementary on this thread, I had to trim some doors to fit so had
to drill new hinge holes. The trimming was such that the old hole was
exposed on the new edge. What would be the neatest way to fill it? I
realise you can get plastic plugs for a 'full' spare hole. I have a couple
of spare drawer fronts - what's the chances of cutting a plug from them?
And where would I get a suitable cutter?

You could use one of the sturdy hole cutters that runs on an arbor
(not the flimsy concentric ones). Cut oversize and sand down. This
still leaves a small hole in the centre to fill, although that could
be done with another small plug.

If you have access to a drill press, these hole cutters can be used
without the drill bit in the centre as long as you clamp well and go
carefully

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
As a supplementary on this thread, I had to trim some doors to fit so had
to drill new hinge holes. The trimming was such that the old hole was
exposed on the new edge. What would be the neatest way to fill it? I
realise you can get plastic plugs for a 'full' spare hole. I have a couple
of spare drawer fronts - what's the chances of cutting a plug from them?
And where would I get a suitable cutter?

Circle jig for a router?

Bought a Jasper 200 and a 400 recently direct from www.jasperaudio.com
-
very pleased with both the service and the product. Jigs didn't fit my
router
but nothing that a tap & die couldn't cure.

Bit pricey for just a couple of holes mind.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

wrote in message ...
I used the Screwfix kitchen door router guide which was on special
offer some months (years?) ago. It worked very well for me and was
dead cheap.

You don't have their part number etc do you? I have searched the site but
cannot find it. Unless it comes under a different name to "router guide".

Cheers

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

wrote:

I used the Screwfix kitchen door router guide which was on special
offer some months (years?) ago. It worked very well for me and was
dead cheap.

Probably cheaper still if you only want three holes:

http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=66602

--
Cheers,

John.

Funny lathe machining problem.... Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 16 November 3rd 05 02:39 AM
Drill help barry martin Home Repair 0 November 2nd 04 11:27 PM
Measuring, lining up & drilling holes Daven Thrice Metalworking 23 September 14th 04 08:33 PM
deep hole question Bill Chernoff Metalworking 14 June 18th 04 05:36 PM
how to drill post holes in solid rock klim Home Repair 13 March 9th 04 02:41 AM