Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
new to diy

Default having trouble finding correct stain

I am having trouble identifying the correct stain for a new window, I
would say it's fairly close to Ronseal's antique pine below

http://www.ronseal.com/prodshow.asp?...odID=38&gID=32

However, it appears from Ronseal's latest leaflet and evident from the
small tin I have bought that they have changed their antique pine to a
much paler/yellower colour (fortunately the purpose of this post they
have not updated their website yet).

The windows have a slight orangey tinge in direct sunlight/artificial
light. I did match the windows inside to a a piece of pine I stained
with golden cedar but have since discovered after staining the new
hardwood windows that this is way to orangey.

Is anyone familiar with the colours being using in the build trade at
the moment which resemble the antique pine above.