Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mirror demister in Zone 2

Can I assume that there is no way a mirror demister will be allowed in
zone 2 and that I must forever shave in fog?

From what I can tell from the regs, it depends on whether the appliance

could not reasonably be installed elsewhere. However, what is
officially considered reasonable? It is a tiny en-suite. The only parts
that are Zone 3 are besides and behind the toilet. Can I claim that the
mirror can only reasonably be hung above the basin? I'm happy enough
with the safety of it. Strangely, there will be a very insulating and
firmly attached mirror parked in front of it.

What do people think? Two jags (or his council minions) have the
opportunity of a pop at it, so it isn't a case of keeping quiet about
it. It must pass building control.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can I assume that there is no way a mirror demister will be allowed

in
zone 2 and that I must forever shave in fog?

From what I can tell from the regs, it depends on whether the

appliance
could not reasonably be installed elsewhere. However, what is
officially considered reasonable? It is a tiny en-suite. The only

parts
that are Zone 3 are besides and behind the toilet. Can I claim that

the
mirror can only reasonably be hung above the basin? I'm happy enough
with the safety of it. Strangely, there will be a very insulating

and
firmly attached mirror parked in front of it.

What do people think? Two jags (or his council minions) have the
opportunity of a pop at it, so it isn't a case of keeping quiet

about
it. It must pass building control.

Christian.

If "two jags" raises any complaints ask him if he has paid the Council
Tax on his Admiralty Arch flat yet G It seems you don't HAVE to obey
the laws if you have a good right hook.

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

I see no problem he heating appliances are allowed in Zone 2. It
needs to meet IP4x, or have the 'one drip symbol' or otherwise be
declared as being suitable for Zone 2 by the manufacturer.

Yes, and I've just had it confirmed by the manufacturer on their technical
line. They seem to think it was OK for Zone 1 as well, provided you needed
tools to remove the mirror.

Christian.

In-ground lawn sprinkler: one zone out of five doesn't work Ray Kostanty Home Repair 2 August 6th 05 12:15 AM
Spinkler system- zone 1 wont shut off Senin Home Repair 2 May 18th 05 06:02 PM
Zone Valves [email protected] UK diy 3 January 18th 05 11:39 AM
Balancing a separate Conservatory heating zone Mary Hinge UK diy 6 November 26th 04 07:35 PM
Heat Functional, But Heating Zones Not? Jim Home Repair 5 February 19th 04 10:20 PM