Posted to uk.d-i-y
phillipthorne

Default Updating old central heating system - expert advice please

Hi,

I need to alter my 1930s style bathroom which has a hot water tank
fitted at the end of the bath. I'm going to put a more modern one in
the loft and would be grateful for some advice. The present C/H system
runs from a combined Homeglow Glowworm BBU Fire/Back Boiler unit which
feeds 3 radiators and an indirect hot water tank with combined header
tank. There is only a pump on the radiator circuit and no control
valves.

I can put a new C/H tank in the loft directly above where the existing
tank is located in the bathroom and extend the pipe work quite easily
upwards but I'd like to avoid fitting high level cold water tanks if
possible. My ideal is to eventually do away with the combi back boiler
and fire unit and put an on-demand boiler in the lean-to area outside
the house. With this in mind I'd like to fit something now which will
be of use later when I change boilers.

I don't have enough knowledge of the different systems to know which
way to go at the moment and don't want to spend money in waste if at
all possibe.

Any advice or pointers would be most welcome
Thanks in advance
Phillip

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

phillipthorne wrote:

[...]

See my reply to the one you posted yesterday.
--
Cheers,
Set Square