Posted to uk.d-i-y
bob

Default Quick tip

To avoid drilling holes through electric cables in the wall I have a
good idea. Don't drill holes.
Bob.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
htmark98

Or even better switch off the electric at the mains, then if you do it
won't go bang. The only draw back using this method would be your drill
will only drill a few holes as you wont have any electric to charge the
battery up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

bob wrote:
To avoid drilling holes through electric cables in the wall I have a
good idea. Don't drill holes.
Bob.

I have an even better idea...source the information how to do it first.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg

Well how else are we to make round holes then?

A much more sensible tip would be to purchase a house without
electricity.

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
bob

But where would you plug in your drill or recharge it without
electricity? Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumpy owd man

Put the cables above the plaster? I't a thought, use the nails / clips
to hold up your wallpaper [see wallpaper thread]

Posted to uk.d-i-y
bob

I can see the logic in that. Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

"bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
To avoid drilling holes through electric cables in the wall I have a
good idea. Don't drill holes.

I can sell you bags of ready-made holes. Just send me the details of your
bank account, passwords etc. You sound like the kind of person who would.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

"dg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well how else are we to make round holes then?

I have a drill that will make square holes.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y
bob

Would the ready made holes be in different depths and sizes? Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

"bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Would the ready made holes be in different depths and sizes? Bob

You just squeeze out as much of a hole as you need from the bag.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
dg wrote:
Well how else are we to make round holes then?

A much more sensible tip would be to purchase a house without
electricity.

Drilling holes in a gas pipe can be equally as dangerous.

--
*Windows will never cease *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article .com,
dg wrote:
Well how else are we to make round holes then?

A much more sensible tip would be to purchase a house without
electricity.

Drilling holes in a gas pipe can be equally as dangerous.

Girly stuff - JCBs make for much more excitement

especially when it's a manly 12" main

... and the bloke repairing it is smoking a rollup while he was
plugging the leak

don't forget boys and girls, it really is quite difficult to get the
right conditions to create an explosion (between 5 and 15% IIRC)

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Dodd

dg wrote:
Well how else are we to make round holes then?

A much more sensible tip would be to purchase a house without
electricity.

dg

....or a house with all possible holes pre-drilled, for safety
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

"Mike Dodd" wrote in message
dg wrote:
Well how else are we to make round holes then?

A much more sensible tip would be to purchase a house without
electricity.

dg

...or a house with all possible holes pre-drilled, for safety

Oh No! lets hope some bright spark in the ODPM
isn't reading this ....
Part T - Through-Wall Apertures Requirement?

--

Brian