Posted to uk.d-i-y
Em Tee

Default Painting bathroom tiles

Hi

I am just looking for some advice on painting bathroom tiles.

I am in the process of putting primer on the tiles. Do I have to sand down
the primer?

What kind of paint can I use to paint the tiles, once the primer is dry?

I was thinking about using Crown one coawhite gloss. Is that a good idea?

Thanks for any advice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister

Em Tee wrote:

I am just looking for some advice on painting bathroom tiles.

I am in the process of putting primer on the tiles. Do I have to sand down
the primer?

What kind of paint can I use to paint the tiles, once the primer is dry?

I was thinking about using Crown one coawhite gloss. Is that a good idea?

I painted the tiles in my kitchen, using a paint sold specifically for
tiles. It took two coats, and required neither sanding nor primer, but I
did _thoroughly_ clean them before painting. It looks surprisingly good.
The old tiles will eventually be ripped off and replaced, but this is a
good, inexpensive temporary measure (the old tiles were absolutely
hideous!).
Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

"Em Tee" wrote in message
newsp.s2pu18e72sqeed@blackwolf...
Hi

I am just looking for some advice on painting bathroom tiles.

I am in the process of putting primer on the tiles. Do I have to sand down
the primer?

What kind of paint can I use to paint the tiles, once the primer is dry?

I was thinking about using Crown one coawhite gloss. Is that a good idea?

Thanks for any advice.

I used International Tile Paint, which is self undercoating and did a good
job.

The only thing about painting tiles is that the paint can get scratched and
marked easily and obviously doesn't have the same tough properties as the
ceramic tile face itself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 10:03:32 -0000, "RedOnRed" wrote:

I used International Tile Paint, which is self undercoating and did a good
job.

If you don't like the International colour range, it's a bit limited,
consider using a Zinsser primer first and then you can use any
paint/colour combo you like.

The only thing about painting tiles is that the paint can get scratched and
marked easily and obviously doesn't have the same tough properties as the
ceramic tile face itself.

A good observation.