droodle

Default panting/covering bathroom tiles

hello all,

Im going to decorate my bathroom this weekend but i have lots of tiles
in my bathroom which are white which is fine but there is a thin strip
of tiles which are blue which i want to change.

now i don't want to remove them and replace other tiles is it feasable
to paint over them or is there another alternative like some coloured
water resistant strip that i can cover them with ??

cheers.

S Viemeister

droodle wrote:

hello all,

Im going to decorate my bathroom this weekend but i have lots of tiles
in my bathroom which are white which is fine but there is a thin strip
of tiles which are blue which i want to change.

now i don't want to remove them and replace other tiles is it feasable
to paint over them or is there another alternative like some coloured
water resistant strip that i can cover them with ??

Places like B&Q sell decals for changing the look of tiles.
You could also use tile paint on the blue ones (after masking off the
others).

Sheila
John Stumbles

S Viemeister wrote:

droodle wrote:

hello all,

Im going to decorate my bathroom this weekend but i have lots of tiles
in my bathroom which are white which is fine but there is a thin strip
of tiles which are blue which i want to change.

now i don't want to remove them and replace other tiles is it feasable
to paint over them or is there another alternative like some coloured
water resistant strip that i can cover them with ??

Places like B&Q sell decals for changing the look of tiles.
You could also use tile paint on the blue ones (after masking off the
others).

If you do paint them do it with a mini-roller rather than a brush and then
you won't get tacky-looking brush marks.

Holes in bathroom tiles GPG UK diy 7 April 29th 05 03:02 PM
Falling Tiles in the bathroom - HELP!!! [email protected] UK diy 11 March 23rd 05 02:23 PM
Bathroom - tiles or cladding thewelshman UK diy 2 February 8th 05 12:05 PM
6" inch imperial bathroom tiles finding? ff UK diy 10 February 1st 05 06:13 PM
Bathroom tiling - can I put new tiles over old ? mikeyw UK diy 4 November 1st 04 06:10 PM