Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

Default Wilo Smart Pump vs Grundfos Alpha?

My 10-year-old Grundfos 3-speed central heating pump is getting a bit noisy,
and I intend to replace it in the near future. Since I also intend to fit
TRVs to most radiators next summer, it would make sense to fit a pump whose
delivery is automatically variable, and I have been considering getting a
Grundfos Alpha.

In the latest Screwfix catalogue (#80) I see that they're selling Wilo Smart
pumps - which appear to do more or less the same as an alpha - for 45 quid,
which is not much more than half the price of an Alpha.

http://tinyurl.com/cxxl2

Does anyone have any experience of the Wilo (pronounced Vee-Lo according to
their website) pump? Is it any good? *Does* it do the same as an Alpha?
[From the picture it looks as if it may have less scope for adjustment]. Is
it a case of "you gets what you pays for" - or do you pay through the nose
for the Grundfos label?
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Grundfos reciculating pump Rich Home Repair 4 October 29th 05 09:47 PM
Noisy banging boiler what is the cause? Tim UK diy 8 November 3rd 04 09:36 PM
CH - alpha pumps FrancisJK UK diy 45 September 23rd 04 08:06 PM
Grundfos UPE 15/60 and Alpha Rob UK diy 10 August 14th 04 09:09 PM
Priming the Water Pump frank Home Repair 21 May 2nd 04 03:12 AM