Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default condensate pipe

It is convenient to connect a boiler 3/4" plastic condensate drain pipe
to a 110mm grey soil stack pipe. There are straps that wrap around the
stack making a tee piece with a hole cut in and 32mm pipe and the likes
connected. This is commonly available. I haven't see any on these that
connect onto a 3/4", or is it 21mm, plastic condensate pipe. Anyone
know if and where they are avialable?

TIA and happy new year to you all

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall wrote:
On 31 Dec 2005 05:36:32 -0800, wrote:

It is convenient to connect a boiler 3/4" plastic condensate drain pipe
to a 110mm grey soil stack pipe. There are straps that wrap around the
stack making a tee piece with a hole cut in and 32mm pipe and the likes
connected. This is commonly available. I haven't see any on these that
connect onto a 3/4", or is it 21mm, plastic condensate pipe. Anyone
know if and where they are avialable?

TIA and happy new year to you all

Yes, you can get solvent weld adaptors that will take you from the
21.5mm overflow size to 32 or 40mm waste size.

www.bes.ltd.uk parts 11939 or 11940

or from plumbers merchants - I think OSMA makes them.

Don't forget that if you do this, you need to have some form of trap
between the boiler and the soil pipe.

Thanks. Why would I need a trap teeing into the 110mm grey stack pipe
when I don't need one teeing into any other drain pipe?

.andy