Posted to uk.d-i-y
Anna Kettle

Default Sink clips

Can anyone tell me where I can buy sink clips? I want to fit a cheap
second hand kitchen sink and of course the clips are long gone. Googling
drowns me in sink adverts and Screwfix don't sell them

Anna

--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
Posted to uk.d-i-y
legin

Have you thought about using silicon to stick it in place?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jon Telfer

Anna Kettle wrote:

Can anyone tell me where I can buy sink clips? I want to fit a cheap
second hand kitchen sink and of course the clips are long gone. Googling
drowns me in sink adverts and Screwfix don't sell them

Anna

B+Q have them in sets of six.

Jon
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson

"Anna Kettle" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me where I can buy sink clips? I want to fit a cheap
second hand kitchen sink and of course the clips are long gone.

Googling
drowns me in sink adverts and Screwfix don't sell them

Anna

--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

Turn sink over. Pipe silicone sealer round the lip. Put sink in place,
fill with water (and possibly other weights on draining board) to hold
in place until set. Who needs clips G

Had to do this twice in rented flats where the tenants had been less
than caring.

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Andrew Mawson wrote:
"Anna Kettle" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me where I can buy sink clips? I want to fit a cheap
second hand kitchen sink and of course the clips are long gone.
Googling drowns me in sink adverts and Screwfix don't sell them

Anna

--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

Turn sink over. Pipe silicone sealer round the lip. Put sink in place,
fill with water (and possibly other weights on draining board) to hold
in place until set. Who needs clips G

Had to do this twice in rented flats where the tenants had been less
than caring.

AWEM

When you come up with dodgy cheap ideas like that I'm not at all suprised.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Anna Kettle wrote:
Can anyone tell me where I can buy sink clips? I want to fit a cheap
second hand kitchen sink and of course the clips are long gone.
Googling drowns me in sink adverts and Screwfix don't sell them

Anna

Duh! Try a plumbers merchant
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The wild eye

B & Q do them so do Wickes and You should be able to get them from
Travis perkins or a plumbers supplies

get of your stool and go to the high street
Merry Christmas

Steve

www.thewildeye.dsl.pipex.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton

Jon Telfer wrote:
Anna Kettle wrote:

Can anyone tell me where I can buy sink clips? I want to fit a cheap
second hand kitchen sink and of course the clips are long gone. Googling
drowns me in sink adverts and Screwfix don't sell them

Anna

B+Q have them in sets of six.

Jon

Do you happen to have a stock code?

I asked a number of times in my local B&Qs (all warehouses) and kept
being told they only come with the sinks. Of course I took what they
said with a pinch of salt however I couldn't find any myself either...

Mathew

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:33:31 -0000, Anna Kettle wrote:

Can anyone tell me where I can buy sink clips? I want to fit a cheap
second hand kitchen sink and of course the clips are long gone. Googling
drowns me in sink adverts and Screwfix don't sell them

Anna

nevver found they worked anyway.

I usually open up the slots and whack some posidrives into the worktop
sideways.

Another good trick is to lay a bead of 'plastic padding' or 'liquid metal';
down on the worktop aroiund the rim of the cutout, and shove the sink down
onto that, weighting with handy ex-charity shop bibles and the like.

Wipe off any ooze with turps or similar, wait five minutes, and you have a
truly intergrated worktop/sink assembly.

Remove bibles before use.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Anna Kettle

All solutions noted!

There's me working flat out in a freezing garret [cue violins] trying to
get my job finished by Xmas no time to go shopping Is tru tho I
didn't think of plumbers merchants - hopefully they will still be open
on Friday or if not then B&Q will be

Never used plastic padding or liquid metal so I'll find some in B&Q and
read the instructions. Bibles being a suitably festive feature of the
task

Roll on happy plumbing Xmas day
Anna

--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Andrew Mawson wrote:

"Anna Kettle" wrote in message
. ..

Can anyone tell me where I can buy sink clips? I want to fit a cheap
second hand kitchen sink and of course the clips are long gone.
Googling drowns me in sink adverts and Screwfix don't sell them

Anna

--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

Turn sink over. Pipe silicone sealer round the lip. Put sink in place,
fill with water (and possibly other weights on draining board) to hold
in place until set. Who needs clips G

Had to do this twice in rented flats where the tenants had been less
than caring.

AWEM

When you come up with dodgy cheap ideas like that I'm not at all suprised.

You have obviously never used proper silicon adhesive then :-)

Ever wondered what holds a fish tank together?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson

"Dave" wrote in message
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Andrew Mawson wrote:

[...]

Absolutely ! I actually think it is better than the clips and foam
inserts supplied with the sinks, and certainly has proved sound over
several years where previously agressive 'pumping' to clear a blocked
waste by the tenants had shaken it loose. If they didn't pour hot fat
down the sink they wouldn't have had the problem in the first place.
But perhaps "The3rd Earl Of Derby " hasn't actually 'been there and
done that' !

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 07:16:58 -0000, Anna Kettle wrote:

All solutions noted!

There's me working flat out in a freezing garret [cue violins] trying to
get my job finished by Xmas no time to go shopping Is tru tho I
didn't think of plumbers merchants - hopefully they will still be open
on Friday or if not then B&Q will be

Never used plastic padding or liquid metal so I'll find some in B&Q and
read the instructions. Bibles being a suitably festive feature of the
task

Halfords Anna. Its car body repair stuff.

May have it in B & Q. You will love it. You can cast all sorts of stuff in
it if you make a plastic mould.

Most old cars used to be held together with it.

Roll on happy plumbing Xmas day
Anna

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:22:23 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Mawson wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Andrew Mawson wrote:

[...]

I agree that silicone is teh bees ********.

BUT it can be 'shaken loose'
hence plastic padding etc.

Ive crashed cars with that in situ, and the metal gives way before the
repair :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Hodges

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
May have it in B & Q. You will love it. You can cast all sorts of stuff in
it if you make a plastic mould.

Now called something like "repair metal for good" with a little plastic
padding logo. Certainly sold in my local B+Q (Warehouse).

Chris

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk

Replacing kitchen sink Alex Home Repair 2 August 7th 05 01:19 PM
Moenstone Sink Mike Home Repair 9 March 6th 05 06:01 AM
Sink Waste venting problem BillR UK diy 1 September 9th 03 04:16 AM
Kitchen Double Sink Suds Problem Robert Home Repair 3 September 7th 03 01:25 PM
Sink Clips Caliban Home Repair 4 September 3rd 03 08:40 PM