Caliban

Default Sink Clips

My kitchen sink has four sink clips (a.k.a. mounting screws). If the edge on
which the faucet is located is "north," then the east and west edges have
two clips each, for a total of four clips.

Does anyone have more clips and/or clips located on all edges?

My disposer is causing vibration of the faucet and probably drain pipes.
The sink is probably 18 gage (the thinnest skin available), but I want to
see if more clips or better locations of the clips might improve the
situation.

jim

Caliban wrote:

My kitchen sink has four sink clips (a.k.a. mounting screws). If the edge on
which the faucet is located is "north," then the east and west edges have
two clips each, for a total of four clips.

Does anyone have more clips and/or clips located on all edges?

My disposer is causing vibration of the faucet and probably drain pipes.
The sink is probably 18 gage (the thinnest skin available), but I want to
see if more clips or better locations of the clips might improve the
situation.

i have see about 16 on my kitchen sink(if we are talking about the same
thing... they go under the sink and squeeze the sink to the counter top
by tightening the screws.. whoever put yours in did not do it
correctly.. my sink is steel(the thin stuff with a color on it....made
about 1972 when the house was built... double sink... but just 4 even on
a real small sink seems like it is not enough... go to ace hardware
store and see if they have any or can tell you where to get some....
hope this helps.
Caliban

"jim" wrote
Caliban wrote:
My kitchen sink has four sink clips (a.k.a. mounting screws). If the

edge on
which the faucet is located is "north," then the east and west edges

have
two clips each, for a total of four clips.

Does anyone have more clips and/or clips located on all edges?

My disposer is causing vibration of the faucet and probably drain

pipes.
The sink is probably 18 gage (the thinnest skin available), but I want

see if more clips or better locations of the clips might improve the
situation.

i have see about 16 on my kitchen sink(if we are talking about the same
thing... they go under the sink and squeeze the sink to the counter top
by tightening the screws..

Yes, this is what I am talking about.

whoever put yours in did not do it
correctly.. my sink is steel(the thin stuff with a color on it....made
about 1972 when the house was built... double sink... but just 4 even on
a real small sink seems like it is not enough... go to ace hardware
store and see if they have any or can tell you where to get some....
hope this helps.

Thanks, Jim. Very helpful. I'll definitely give it a whirl.

donald girod

And you should take one of the four off and take it with you to the store,
There are a gazillion different types of these suckers.

Recommended number of clips is a minimum of three per side, a fourth if you
can squeeze it in.

"Caliban" wrote in message
ink.net...

"jim" wrote
Caliban wrote:
[...]

Michael Baugh

If you want to do it right, remove the sink, run a silicone bead,
or at the very least a bead of plumber's putty, then snug the sink
down again with at least three in the rear, three in the front, and
one, preferably two on each end. Whatever you use to prevent
water from going underneath it needs to be pressed out from
under the sink as you secure it. Some people run masking tape
around the sink to make it easier to remove the excess, especially
if it's silicone. And don't use the fast-curing stuff. Especially if access
to the clips is difficult.

Caliban wrote in message
ink.net...

"jim" wrote
Caliban wrote:
[...]

kitchen sink problem: want single-flow crosstop deck sink mixer... but height clearance limited james UK diy 6 March 30th 04 02:43 PM
Single sink for sale PoP UK diy 0 March 4th 04 04:54 PM
Screw in sink Nozza UK diy 8 December 23rd 03 01:26 AM
Sink Waste venting problem BillR UK diy 1 September 9th 03 04:16 AM