Posted to uk.d-i-y
Egremont

Default HSS sander consumables

I'm about to hire an HSS 8" drum sander, + edge (disc) sander, to sand a
number of floors.

Are the sanding sheets/discs needed (incl 24 grit) standard, generally
available items or do I _have_ to purchase the (I'd guess expensive)
consumables from HSS?. If no-one can answer I'll get hold of some tomorrow
and assess!.

BTW I've read adverse comments about disc edge sanders in previous posts but
I'll try for a day and see what happens.

Egremont

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Egremont

.... Sorry Hire Center actually, not HSS - if that makes much difference.

Egremont.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

Egremont wrote:
... Sorry Hire Center actually, not HSS - if that makes much
difference.

It will make a difference to the price, HSS are probably the most expensive
hire outlet - look in Yellow Pages and ring round for prices.

Most hire shops will give you belts & discs on sale or return, so you only
pay for what you use - you settle up when you take the kit back.

Phone round to check the prices not just for hire, but for abrasive costs.

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Egremont

.... something like Screwfix #59056, hopefully.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Egremont

I called into the shop and booked the kit. Their sanding sheets certainly
look like the Screwfix £9.99-for-10 ones, 24 grit Screwfix ones are about
1/3 cheaper (maybe more depending on VAT), anyway I'll get some of each and
see how I get on.

As I have old black varnish to deal with any quality difference may not
count for much if they're just going to gunge up anyway.

Egremont.[aka Scrooge in disguise]