Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Smith

Default Boiler circuit board question

What functions of the boiler are on the two circuit boards of my boiler
(Ravenheat RSF82E)? I know one is the control board, and the other is the
ignition board.

I have had a long term problem with the boiler stopping in it's light up
sequence just before the gas valve comes on, with 2 plumbers unable to
decide which component to replace. The gas comes on with a loud "clunk" so
I am pretty sure the solenoid is healthy, ie no half hearted / weak
operation.

Recently, this has been getting worse. It used to be that the boiler would
go for 1/2 an hour until it failed, and since there is no retry, it just
sits there blowing cold air through my heat exchanger. Recently, it is
getting so it is more often failing than working.

Another thing which has come up in the last couple of weeks is strange
on/off behaviour. It has been doing multiple clunks (2-5 times) when
lighting up, as well as seemingly ignoring the thermostat knob. There is no
click when the knob is turned, but the boiler fires up about once every
minute for about 20 seconds. It also fires up at the same rate during the
"CH timer off but pump running for a while" state, even though there is no
call for hot water. It never used to do this. All this paragraph's
problems seem to happen after it has warmed up a bit.

The boiler has never had the 3 minute lock out to stop short cycling.

The only suggestion I got from a plumber (previous to the last 2 weeks new
problems) that it may be the sensors on the inlet / outlet failing and
confusing the controller. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Anyway, the main question is, do the above sound like there is a problem
with the controller board or the ignition board?

Thanks

Bob

LeCroy Oscilloscope/ VME/ CAMAC/ NIM/ FASTBUS repair fernando1222 Electronics Repair 0 June 7th 05 09:18 PM
Cutting board question Glenna Rose Woodworking 4 January 3rd 05 04:40 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Maytag Touchpad and Electronic Control Circuit Board Assembly Patrick Riley Home Repair 4 November 27th 03 02:34 AM
Zienth Vertical Squish (How do I find and test the Capacitor?) Kevin Cornwell Electronics Repair 8 September 15th 03 02:17 PM