Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM

Default Housing market is realy bucking up!

I have a permanent short list of 'saved properties' on RightMove.
Permanent, that is, in the sense that it has rarely changed from one
month to the next over the past year. Now things are different! In the
last couple of weeks there have been six properties turning red for
sold, all different - some houses, some bungalows, various prices,
various locations (though all in Lincolnshire). This included one
bungalow, one of my favourites, being sold ten days ago, then coming
back on the market, and today being marked as sold again!

So I would suggest that the housing market IS at last picking up and
that the latest optimism from the Halifax and others is well-founded.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Smith

"MM" wrote in message
I have a permanent short list of 'saved properties' on RightMove.
Permanent, that is, in the sense that it has rarely changed from one
month to the next over the past year. Now things are different! In the
last couple of weeks there have been six properties turning red for
sold, all different - some houses, some bungalows, various prices,
various locations (though all in Lincolnshire). This included one
bungalow, one of my favourites, being sold ten days ago, then coming
back on the market, and today being marked as sold again!

So I would suggest that the housing market IS at last picking up and
that the latest optimism from the Halifax and others is well-founded.

MM

LMAO - go check out www.housepricecrash.co.uk - the article about the guy
who runs American Express describing the housing market as "the mother of
all bubbles" is interesting and articles from the likes of The Economist,
Moneyweek and others forecasting a crash in prices of up to 60% - YES, SIXTY
PERCENT in the next few years. The housing market is nothing more than a
giant pyramid selling scheme. Easy credit as a result of 911 and the Western
Governments not wanting a global recession has basically indebted the West's
populations to a point where the recession is likely to be the first global
depression since 1929!

Sorry mate, but too many of the World's top economists are now predicting a
huge housing price crash but also a global economic disaster not seen in
over 70 years! Why do you think gold is now worth $500 an ounce!????

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 20:20:20 GMT, "John Smith"
wrote:

LMAO - go check out www.housepricecrash.co.uk - the article about the guy
who runs American Express describing the housing market as "the mother of
all bubbles"

So American Express is somehow whiter than white and not involved at
all in facilitating this bubble?

is interesting and articles from the likes of The Economist,
Moneyweek and others forecasting a crash in prices of up to 60% - YES, SIXTY
PERCENT in the next few years.

60% in some areas would simply take prices back to where they were a
couple of years ago, not a huge deal with low interest rates and lots
of opportunities for those that didn't overstretch.

snip

Why do you think gold is now worth $500 an ounce!????

Because demand is outstripping supply. A billion Chinese wanting a bit
of bling tends to cause things like this. The same thing is happening
with the copper price as demand for hot water cylinders in Japan is
going through the roof due to them dumping their old outdated combi
systems in the skip.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 22:38:06 +0000, Matt
wrote:

Because demand is outstripping supply. A billion Chinese wanting a bit
of bling tends to cause things like this. The same thing is happening
with the copper price as demand for hot water cylinders in Japan is
going through the roof due to them dumping their old outdated combi
systems in the skip.

PMSL.

You mean those Rinsaid ones (or whatever they're called).?

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

wrote:

Because demand is outstripping supply. A billion Chinese wanting a bit
of bling tends to cause things like this. The same thing is happening
with the copper price as demand for hot water cylinders in Japan is
going through the roof due to them dumping their old outdated combi
systems in the skip.

PMSL.

You mean those Rinsaid ones (or whatever they're called).?

Andy ROT13

(Ab vg'f whfg n jvaq hc sbe Qevooyr ohg vgf n cvgl ur qvqa'g ovgr,
zhfg unir orra na rneyl avtug sbe ybpxhc)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Matt wrote:
You mean those Rinsaid ones (or whatever they're called).?

Andy ROT13

(Ab vg'f whfg n jvaq hc sbe Qevooyr ohg vgf n cvgl ur qvqa'g ovgr,
zhfg unir orra na rneyl avtug sbe ybpxhc)

Jura Wbua trgf gbgnyyl gebhaprq nf ur unf orra bire gur ehoovfu bs gur
qvrfry chzc qevivat n fcrrqb ur bsgra yvrf ybj sbe n juvyr. Ur arire
nqzvgf n zvfgnxr. Fb jvgu n ovg bs yhpx crnpr naq dhvrg sbe n srj qnlf -
be ybbx bhg sbe n arj anzr fcbhgvat gur fnzr byq penc.

--
*Eschew obfuscation *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
marble

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:32:17 +0000, MM wrote:

I have a permanent short list of 'saved properties' on RightMove.
Permanent, that is, in the sense that it has rarely changed from one
month to the next over the past year. Now things are different! In the
last couple of weeks there have been six properties turning red for
sold, all different - some houses, some bungalows, various prices,
various locations (though all in Lincolnshire). This included one
bungalow, one of my favourites, being sold ten days ago, then coming
back on the market, and today being marked as sold again!

So I would suggest that the housing market IS at last picking up and
that the latest optimism from the Halifax and others is well-founded.

MM

The market was probably kept boyant or treading water by the "good
news" of the upcoming SIPP arrangments. Wine had increase by 30% in
the last 3 months in antisipation apparently. Now we have Browns U
turn maybe that will be the pin to burst the bubble, lets hope so!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Smith

"marble" wrote in message
[...]

The numbers of people who have signed contracts on the back of SIPPs for
properties is now begining to come out. It is staggering. Many of these
people were hoping to get 40% of the property paid for by, well, us via
Brown's tax breaks. This is not going to happen now. Not only are these
people, as several papers comment today, in deep financial problems but it
means a large number of properties will flood an already flooded market.
These people will be trying to ditch ASAP and that will mean cheaper prices.

As Moneyweek pointed out this week there is now a glut of unsold properties
on the UK market, UK IRs are going up and the lenders are reigning in who
they lend to, how much they lend and on what they lend it - in other words,
UK house prices have only one way to go and that is down.

The pyramid selling scheme on UK houses is about to collapse. Stand back and
enjoy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer

In article , John Smith wrote:
The numbers of people who have signed contracts on the back of SIPPs
for properties is now begining to come out. It is staggering.

Somehow I doubt this, given that when buying through a SIPP you can only
borrow a relatively small proportion of the value as compared with a
normal BTL mortgage.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]