Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Geyer Proteus MCBs

Anyone ever used these?

My brief acquaintance with them over the last couple of days leads me to
the conclusion they are a complete POS!

Spent some time helping a friend sort out some electrical funnies - most
of them caused by previous visits from the wiring Muppet it seems (two
16A radials from one 32A MCB, one 1mm^2 T&E lighting circuit on another
32A MCB, and a feed to an outbuilding made in 10mm^2 T&E wired directly
into a Henley block after meter on a 100A supply - Wylex rewireable CU
with no RCD in workshop at the other end - oh, and TT supply with 32 ohm
Ze!)

I discovered today that an alarming number of the aforementioned MCBs
only actually turn on about one time in three! They look like they are
on, but no volts present on the top of them. Turn them off and on, all
working again!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Anyone ever used these?

My brief acquaintance with them over the last couple of days leads me to
the conclusion they are a complete POS!

Spent some time helping a friend sort out some electrical funnies - most
of them caused by previous visits from the wiring Muppet it seems (two 16A
radials from one 32A MCB, one 1mm^2 T&E lighting circuit on another 32A
MCB, and a feed to an outbuilding made in 10mm^2 T&E wired directly into a
Henley block after meter on a 100A supply - Wylex rewireable CU with no
RCD in workshop at the other end - oh, and TT supply with 32 ohm Ze!)

I discovered today that an alarming number of the aforementioned MCBs only
actually turn on about one time in three! They look like they are on, but
no volts present on the top of them. Turn them off and on, all working
again!

I had the same problem with an MK MCB last week, but I agree Proteus are a
POS.

Adam
I changed a main switch in one today.

Small limit MCBs. Ian Stirling UK diy 2 August 5th 05 10:06 PM
RCD - all MCBs off (no L) + no N-output from RCD connected (no N) = still trips instantly dorothy UK diy 11 November 3rd 04 11:15 PM
Wiring Ring mains to MCBs in consumer units jamie T UK diy 12 May 29th 04 09:08 AM
WANTED : Volex MCB's Steven Briggs UK diy 4 February 18th 04 07:42 PM
Lighting circuits and MCB's tripping StephenC UK diy 6 December 10th 03 01:45 PM